Okay, to give you an idea of what's happened with this computer in the past, heres a link to another topic called Antec 300 Airflow and BSOD problem
. I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit again (for third time) on my self-built PC and now after all that trouble I'm having this....
- Firstly, my recycle bin randomly keeps saying its corrupt and that everything should be deleted out of it.
- Bad Company 2 still has BSOD's with the dxgmms1.sys error mentioned and I certain thats a driver problem with the sound. I think thats just an DICE and EA hiccup as others have this.
- While playing Football Manager 2011 it froze with a sound loop and after closing the program through ctrl-alt-del, it continued to loop even playing youtube videos and even after starting football manager up again. Can only be stopped by restarting the PC.
- I have both Crysis and Crysis Warhead and both crash randomly with no set period of time. After checking their logs they make reference to memory leaks.
- After transferring my backup files over to the new fresh install, my hard drive was quite fragmented if that's any help. I recently got UPC Broadband and the wireless phone, and broadband router are sitting beside the PC although I don't think that would make any difference.
- Lastly trying to close some applications like Metaboli Downloader (GAME.co.uk video game downloader) I occasionally get this "unhandled exception" error I haven't got a prime example, but next time it happens I'll post it up.
- I have done CHKDSK, sfc /SCANNOW and ran memtest86+ for 6 passes, all with no errors. So...(sigh)... What could be the problem now?
Any help would be once again greatly appreciated...