|10 Jan 2011||#1|
| || |
Win 7 x64 on new pc
Im writing this post to share my Windows 7 x64 experience, and if some could help me. note:sorry about my english.
First., i build up a new pc, this are the spects:
- Mobo : Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
- RAM : 8gb Adata XPG (4x2GB) 1333MHz .
- Video: Gigabyte Ati HD 5850 1Gb
- Power : Cooler Master GX 750w.
- Well cooled gabinet, in sensors,. the CPU its about 18C-20C, and Video 30C, with normal use : Office, Internet, Adobe Suite.
- Playing sensors indicate CPU 20-30C, and Video 30C-40C, even playing Call of Duty Black Ops Full Settings, the Video reach 49-53C.
Note: im not doing the overcloking.
The first game, i played was Call of Duty, no erros., nothing!, just going well. Sensors where fine.
Then playing Left 4 Dead 2., i didnt know that V-sync will cause any problem., and the first BSOD came out. Ok., ill desactivate that V-sync. Now., i can play normal, no errors.
I get worried about this BSOD, so i begun to read in threads, post, and with all the reading i get this chek list:
1.- Maybe the memmory gone bad, check with memtest?, yes. i do that. 5 steps of memory check, 9 hrs took. and no problems where finded.
2.- Try to watch for some spyware or virus, wathever else., even bad feelings of youth brother about your new pc., ok., i turn on IE8, BitDfender online yeah!., first, i cant install the active X, it took a little time just to install it, then., it took about 5 hours to scan all, 2 virus came up, the scan was nearly to end, so now i can knew what virus the scan found. IE8 make an error., it closed,. then well., BSOD. Note: this 2 virus was part of programs that i use to work. And they arent in the system file tree. Even., are the installers.
3.- mmm ok., nothing ah?., Install the Debugger., Ok., Download the stuff. Reading BSOD., the first one, was a .sys (dont remmeber the name, also i deleted it said that i has to do with the wide view in monitors or something)., the second, it was a Easy Tune 6 a DVD program, it came with the Graphic Card., Power energy saver., @bios, and green "stuff", well., ive uninstall everything. It works. No more BSOD.
4. Chek with Verifier, ok., first,. there 3 no signed drivers that came out., and its 2 for ati atikmpag, and one for a virtual DVD program. Need to restart., ok. Restarting., no problems., all is cool. Ive download 3DMark for direcX11., well so., if im right, Verifier its a program that monitors your drivers, and enviroment, it stress your pc, right? ok., so., open VMware, (im a linux user2), then it crash., BSOD., Vmware forums saids that its ok., Verifier is going wrong with their products., ok., new restarting., so, its stressing the pc?, verifier is running right?
Lets put more stress to this, i ran 3DMark, it gone well (the program), 15 fps ,
then lasts test, crash., bout no BSOD. Ok maybe it was soo much for the pc.
5. Lets try with AGES OF EMPIRE III., ok., Full Options., then ive switch to major screen resolution and all i saw was polygons. I do taht becose i wanted to know if the problem was my Video Card. I just get tired., rebooting, watching the debugger, i just switch off, then windows is clossing. . BSOD. bah!
What ill do now?.,first turn off the Verifier!., then do a memtest with windows build int program., and try to re scan all pc for malware or something. If nothing appears., ill re install windows., .
What i just want to know,. is that it cant be possible that memmory or video card even CPU are going bad., i mean., i can play well my games., even editing on AfterFx and Premier., running virtual SOs on it, etc etc etc., its just that i hate to said it, bout., it could be possible that Windows is corrupted?
I can work well, even playing,
I just have afraid of that BSOD,
came out again. <---lol like a poem
|My System Specs|
|10 Jan 2011||#3|
| || |
Hey thanks for your reply, and yer Posting Instructions.
Yes, ive done that mate. I got the AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center, and guess what ? it saids :"-We’re letting our customers try out the brand new Catalyst Control Center before it’s officially part of the AMD Catalyst package!"-- Thats why when i ran 3DMarker for the first time (when i do not has the Verifier "On"), it said on errors report, that the Drivers where not compatible
This is the plan: switch off Verifier, scan for malwares or something, uninstall everything about ATI, then install the Drivers wich came inside the DVD manufacture. Chek again the unsign drivers at Verifier., looking for get ereased from there; installing and uninstalling ati drivers,. no?
|My System Specs|
|11 Jan 2011||#4|
| || |
So, we can close this thread?., well.. ive stop Verifier, then with Driver Sweeper, remove all drivers. Then put in the DVD that it cames with the graphic card, and., install the "original" drivers. OK, all gone cool. I never tought that i can play in HD mode. And for the Ages of Empire III, the polygons problem its about the screen resolution., i dont know if theres a problem with it, just selecting a lower one, full graphics, and you got it working soo cool.
Yes, its closed. I hope no more of this blaue reiter in future!!
Cheers all, and thanks, ill be on touch.
|My System Specs|