Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD occuring

16 Jan 2011   #1

Windows 7
 
 
BSOD occuring

Hello,about month ago i formatted my pc, everything went fine exept from one time i installed an incorrent Display driver and i got a blue screen, and it was ok,
lastly i am getting randomly blue screens with the same error!
Windown Ultimate 64bit
Full retial, the computer was bought a year ago.

*see the zip i uploaded


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jan 2011   #2

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Hi yupp8 and Welcome to the Forum!

Your Graphics Card is mentioned once and its driver, atikmdag, was mentioned as the cause in the majority of your other .dmp files.

Many people are having issues with the latest Catalyst, 10.12. See this thread for issues regarding 10.12. It may be advisable to install one of the Previous Catalyst Versions.

Be sure to run Driver Sweeper in safe mode to clear Catalyst remnants before installing your "new" Catalyst drivers.

Update these older drivers before changing your Catayst drivers:

This sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 21:55:14 2009 driver is notorious for causing BSOD's with Windows 7. It's used by Daemon Tools / Alcohol 120% which will have to be uninstalled.

Use the correct uninstaller in Safe Mode for your set up to remove the sptd driver: Duplex Secure 32bit Duplex Secure 64bit

Make sure to select uninstall!

Outdated drivers to update:

s1018bus.sys Thu Mar 19 15:56:55 2009
s1018cm.sys Thu Mar 19 16:02:37 2009
s1018cr.sys Thu Mar 19 16:05:19 2009
s1018mdfl.sys Thu Mar 19 15:58:55 2009
s1018mdm.sys Thu Mar 19 15:59:09 2009
s1018mgmt.sys Thu Mar 19 16:00:59 2009
s1018nd5.sys Thu Mar 19 16:05:49 2009
s1018obex.sys Thu Mar 19 16:02:50 2009
s1018unic.sys Thu Mar 19 16:05:34 2009
s1018wh.sys Thu Mar 19 15:56:42 2009 Sony Ericsson Device (phone)?

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 09:04:13 2009 Realtek LAN RTL811

RtHDMIVX.sys Thu Dec 25 09:30:47 2008
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jan 20 06:12:51 2009 Realtek HD Audio

wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 09:39:08 2008 Western Digital SCSI (SAM) WDM driver


Please attach new .dmp files to a new post as and if they happen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fimble View Post
Hi yupp8 and Welcome to the Forum!

Your Graphics Card is mentioned once and its driver, atikmdag, was mentioned as the cause in the majority of your other .dmp files.

Many people are having issues with the latest Catalyst, 10.12. See this thread for issues regarding 10.12. It may be advisable to install one of the Previous Catalyst Versions.

Be sure to run Driver Sweeper in safe mode to clear Catalyst remnants before installing your "new" Catalyst drivers.

Update these older drivers before changing your Catayst drivers:

This sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 21:55:14 2009 driver is notorious for causing BSOD's with Windows 7. It's used by Daemon Tools / Alcohol 120% which will have to be uninstalled.

Use the correct uninstaller in Safe Mode for your set up to remove the sptd driver: Duplex Secure 32bit Duplex Secure 64bit

Make sure to select uninstall!

Outdated drivers to update:

s1018bus.sys Thu Mar 19 15:56:55 2009
s1018cm.sys Thu Mar 19 16:02:37 2009
s1018cr.sys Thu Mar 19 16:05:19 2009
s1018mdfl.sys Thu Mar 19 15:58:55 2009
s1018mdm.sys Thu Mar 19 15:59:09 2009
s1018mgmt.sys Thu Mar 19 16:00:59 2009
s1018nd5.sys Thu Mar 19 16:05:49 2009
s1018obex.sys Thu Mar 19 16:02:50 2009
s1018unic.sys Thu Mar 19 16:05:34 2009
s1018wh.sys Thu Mar 19 15:56:42 2009 Sony Ericsson Device (phone)?

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 09:04:13 2009 Realtek LAN RTL811

RtHDMIVX.sys Thu Dec 25 09:30:47 2008
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jan 20 06:12:51 2009 Realtek HD Audio

wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 09:39:08 2008 Western Digital SCSI (SAM) WDM driver


Please attach new .dmp files to a new post as and if they happen.
first , want to say thanks for the help,
now before i mess up i want to know for sure a few things -
" install one of the Previous Catalyst Versions." Wich one i should use?
"Use the correct uninstaller in Safe Mode" - wich one is the correct?
"Outdated drivers to update" - in most cases you just gave me the name of the .exe, how do i know what to update?


thanks again
your help is appricated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Jan 2011   #4

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote:
" install one of the Previous Catalyst Versions." Wich one i should use?
Reading threads dotted about you should be safe with Catalyst 10.10. Possibly adding the 10.10e hotfix.
Quote:
"Use the correct uninstaller in Safe Mode" - wich one is the correct?
You're running x64, so Duplex Secure 64bit

Quote:
"Outdated drivers to update" - in most cases you just gave me the name of the .exe, how do i know what to update?
If indeed it is Sony Ericson, the correct drivers for your device for 64bit Windows 7. I'm assuming they all belong to the same device due to similarity in name, exact same date.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2011   #5

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #6

Windows 7
 
 

thanks again, last question before i do the necesrry things,
you told "
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 09:39:08 2008 Western Digital SCSI (SAM) WDM driver"

but there is not driver in this website only the extrenal hard drive frimware (btw, i have My Pasport WDBABM0010")

Thanks again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #7

Windows 7
 
 

Shameless bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #8

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Leave the driver:

wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 09:39:08 2008

for now. Maybe someone else has an idea about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2011   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Ok it has been a few and Bsod are back!
while i played maple story i got 2 of them...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2011   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Shameless Bump X2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD occuring




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD occuring
Thread Forum
BSOD's Occuring BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's Occuring BSOD Help and Support
BSoD occuring too many times BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD (re-occuring code BCC 24) BSOD Help and Support
Re-Occuring BSOD's BSOD Help and Support
Re-occuring bsod help BSOD Help and Support
Randomly occuring BSOD BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33