Quote: Originally Posted by lumach
I hope someone can help to identify what driver/program is causing my pc to restart without any warning. It seems only to happen when my pc goes to screensaver (after 10min of inactivity) or sleep mode (after 30min of inactivity).
Some general info:
Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) Ultimate
Gfx card: XFX Radeon 5600
I put the generated error reports in the zip file.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks for the help.
1-sptd.sys Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
2-ASACPI.SYS (pre 2009) ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).
3-Old drivers update at least these
CM108.sys 6/28/2007 2:18:08 0x468360b0 0x8200f000 0x82199000 0x0018a000
yk62x86.sys 2/23/2009 9:44:18 0x49a2b642 0x8dce8000 0x8dd38000 0x00050000
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads