|22 Feb 2011||#1|
| || |
Slow to open apps, all Net apps slow, slow to type... laggy everything
I have a nearly fresh install of Windows 7 32 bit on a pretty modern machine. It has been intermittently laggy since I installed Windows 7 about three weeks ago.
Here is a list of symptoms:
1) Apps are slow to open
2) Double clicks aren't registered until 5-10 seconds later
3) Typing is slow on most apps, but only intermittently
4) Most Net browsing is very slow - not slow to load, but slow to react and slow to open new tabs & windows
System specs: quad core Pentium, NForce 750 mobo, Nvidia G9500GT card with 1GB, 4GB 800mhz RAM, cable internet and Buffalo router.
Any thoughts on where to start?
I don't think it's a system issue. Also, the Windows 7 install is super fresh. Further, it's the second install on the same machine (I thought I could fix the same issue with a fresh install). My experience index is 4.6 limited by the graphics card.
|My System Specs|| |
|03 Mar 2011||#2|
| || |
OK so I isolated the following:
- Antivirus: I am running Panda Cloud, which is the same AV as on the PC upstairs
- RAM: checks out fine, 4 GB, same amount runs fine on the PC upstairs
- Vidcard: system performance seems OK if I do not switch between programs. That is, if I stay in one program for a while, the systems runs at an acceptable speed.
- Web browser: system lag is identical in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for: Slow to open apps, all Net apps slow, slow to type... laggy everything|
|Win 7 clean install on new computer, extremely slow loading apps||Performance & Maintenance|
|Benchmarks apps to test slow WIn 7 to Xp transfer rates||Network & Sharing|
|Windows 7 pro 64 slow down running moderate number of apps||Performance & Maintenance|
|Slow when switching apps (ALT+TAB)||General Discussion|
|Office apps painfully slow to save||Microsoft Office|