Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 3 BSOD's after memory upgrade

24 Feb 2011   #1
Chariot

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
3 BSOD's after memory upgrade

Hello,

Three days ago, I've bought an additional 4gb of memory. I've chosen the same brand, the same type and the same amount as I had already.

The type of memory is Kingston Valueram KVR1066D3N7K2/4G.

The memory was not identical though. The chip brand and dimensions were different.


I've installed the memory according to the manual of my mainboard, to use the right slots etc.


But now I've had 3 BSOD's since the installation. I couldn't make a picture of the first one.

The second one:

*** STOP: 0x00000109

The third one stated:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

*** STOP: 0x0000003B
ksecdd.sys



I also ran memtest for about an hour, until it said it didn't find any errors and i could reboot. (It completed at least 1 pass), and it didn't find any errors.


Is there anything I can do about this? I already tried to look into the .dmb files, but they are like hieroglyphs to me. So maybe someone on this forum can have a look at these .dmb files?

Some information about my system:

Mainboard: asrock X58 Deluxe3
CPU: Intel i7 930
GPU: MSI nVidia gtx460
Intel 80GB SSD


If you need more information, or if you want to look at the dump files, please ask, and i'll upload it asap.

Thanks in advance,

Chariot.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Feb 2011   #2
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Run Memtest86+ for at least 7 passes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #3
Chariot

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Sorry, I will do that right now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Feb 2011   #4
Chariot

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
I have uploaded the information, although i can't see it in my post. I have added it as attachment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #5
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
I have uploaded the information, although i can't see it in my post. I have added it as attachment.
No file is attached, upload it to a file hosting website instead
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #6
Chariot

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

I have now attached it to the starting post.

I didn't click on save changes after uploading it, that was the problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #7
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Code:
sptd.sys        fffff880`0107f000    fffff880`011a6000    0x00127000    0x4bbd315c    08/04/2010 05:29:00
Run Memtest86+ for at least 7 passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #8
Chariot

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Code:
sptd.sys        fffff880`0107f000    fffff880`011a6000    0x00127000    0x4bbd315c    08/04/2010 05:29:00
Run Memtest86+ for at least 7 passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
But is this related to the BSODs i had the last few days? Because the date says 08/04/2010 05:29:00, which is almost a year ago...

And I will run memtest for 7 passes like you said.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #9
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Code:
sptd.sys        fffff880`0107f000    fffff880`011a6000    0x00127000    0x4bbd315c    08/04/2010 05:29:00
Run Memtest86+ for at least 7 passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
But is this related to the BSODs i had the last few days? Because the date says 08/04/2010 05:29:00, which is almost a year ago...

And I will run memtest for 7 passes like you said.
That sptd.sys driver is a known BSOD causer, remove it for troubleshooting purposes. You can reinstall it after the fault is identified
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2011   #10
Chariot

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Code:
sptd.sys        fffff880`0107f000    fffff880`011a6000    0x00127000    0x4bbd315c    08/04/2010 05:29:00
Run Memtest86+ for at least 7 passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
But is this related to the BSODs i had the last few days? Because the date says 08/04/2010 05:29:00, which is almost a year ago...

And I will run memtest for 7 passes like you said.
That sptd.sys driver is a known BSOD causer, remove it for troubleshooting purposes. You can reinstall it after the fault is identified
Well, okay, but you gave me a link to SPTD uninstaller, but i only see installers for sptd. I'm not sure if I have installed this. The only virtual drive application I have installed is Virtual Clone drive. Maybe that SPTD driver is part of virtual clone drive? Should i uninstall virtual clone drive?

I never had any problems before with this application..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 3 BSOD's after memory upgrade




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Memory upgrade
My friend wants me to come over and increase the memory on his 32 bit machine. He has one 2 GB stick DDR-2 5300 right now. I know they say you get the best performance with a matched pair of memory. If the stick I put in is 2 GB DDR-2 5300, but not an exact match as far as brand to what he has...
Hardware & Devices
Cant upgrade my memory
I have an acer 5735 travelmate. It can take a max of 8gb memory. I currently have 1x 4 gb ram . I recently ordered another 1x 4gb stick same as that of the existing ram. After installing the new ram the pc( win 7 64 bit) takes 4 mins to boot up. When i try to see the installed memory it doesnt...
Hardware & Devices
Memory upgrade What do I need to know
So Im currently Running, 8.00 GB mushkin 1333mhz, with a latency of 9.9.9.24 1.5 volt Now the stuff I bought to build my system isn't available anymore, cant find it, its so cheap, I wanna through in another 8gb, cause ive got a gift card, for my fave PC component store. Question. Can I just...
Hardware & Devices
memory upgrade
i upgraded laptop RAM from 1GB to 3GB and it made no difference in computer performance, not even 1%..................... hehehheeheheh
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD after upgrade memory
Recently I have been replaced my current RAM to 4GB, 2 pc of Kingston with 2GB each (KVR800D2N6). However, ever since then, the display blink/flash occasionally and the PC BSOD very frequently. Technical info: *** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00A5F9B2, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x9415A4B7) ***...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD and one memory stick unseen after upgrade..
Recently I updated my Triple Channel Corsair 6 GB, (3 x 2048MB) DDR3, 1333MHz, with the same kit of 6gb memory sticks, and win 7 suddenly - now and then - starts to enter in BSOD. It has happened twice today, and once it just freezed. When i boot sometimes it only recognizes 10gb`s of RAM,...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App