|02 Mar 2011||#1|
| || |
BSOD on boot even in Safe Mode
Last couple of weeks have noticed that it takes longer to access directories on my hard drives (both internal and USB). Could take up to a minute to access a directory.
Then Last night the laptop started the following.
- Boots to the Windows Loading screen and sits for a few mins.
- BSOD Error = UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
Have tried Safe Mode and the following happens (regardless of whether I try safe mode command prompt of ordinary).
- Loads the Loading Windows Files page
- Gets to Loaded: \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS and hangs
- A few mins later get BSOD Error = UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
Have tried recovery mode but following happens.
- Takes a few mins but boots to the screen with the leaf and bird in right side, cursor in middle. No window / Menu appears although I can move the mouse.
- Sits here for even (have left it for 1 hour and same issue.
I desperately need to access the drive to get some data off and then am happy to wipe.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD on boot even in Safe Mode|
|Bsod boot only in safe mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD on boot up and in safe mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|Cannot access Safe Mode but can boot in Safe Mode with Networking||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD right after boot, even in Safe Mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD - can boot system only in Safe Mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD - W7 - won't boot even in safe mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD - Cant boot into safe mode||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.