Hello everyone! I've been having an issue with my computer for about 2 -3 months now, ever since I installed Windows 7 64 bit.
The error occurs when I try to run games, such as Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Just Cause 2. One of 2 things seems to happen consistently. Either everything runs perfectly fine, or after a few minutes of playing the game crashes with a "Display Driver has stopped Responding and Successfully Recovered"
A couple of times timeout detection has not caught the problem, and instead of the error message my computer BSODs.
I have hammered Google pretty hard to figure out a solution to this, and have to say that I have found nothing which has fixed the problem.
I have tried the following, with no results:
- Uninstall drivers, use driver sweeper, reinstall drivers
- Uninstall drivers, use driver sweeper, install modified drivers
- Disabling Windows 7 Aero theme
- Replace Power supply
- Remove all but 1 Ram Stick
- Disable timeout detection (The first time I did this, I'm pretty sure it resulted in BSOD)
- RMA'd the graphics card to XFX. They ran tests, and concluded the card was not defective. They sent me a new card anyway.
- Changing Memory voltage to 1.90 V
- Underclocking the graphics card (via the CCC built in clocking utility)
- Using an old NVidia card
I also ran Memtest86 through the night. It completed 10 passes, and found no errors.
I installed Windows XP Professional 32 bit, which seemed to stop the crashes.
I also installed a copy of Windows 7 32 bit, but have still been seeing the crashes (Possibly not as often..?).
This leads me to believe that the issue is related to Windows 7.
Note: My graphics card is not overclocked.
Here are my system specs:
OS: Windows 7 64 Bit
Processor: Intel Core2Quad 2.66 Ghz
Ram: 4 Gigs DDR2
Graphics card: ATI XFX Radeon HD 4650 1 Gig GDDR2
PSU: 600 W (I forget the exact manufacturer name. Its borrowed from a friend.)
Motherboard: Asus p5ne-sli