|04 Apr 2011||#1|
| || |
How to solve BSOD problem in iastor.sys
I had started having this problem a week ago. I think this was one of the hardest virus. But I really didn't want to mix antivirus software because it will eventually mess OS up and make me format my HD. So I started my journey to manually fix this problem. After a couple of days, I could find a solution that worked.
1. 5 or 10 seconds after login to Windows 7 64-bit, the system goes to BSOD stating a problem with iastor.sys
2. Since it happens after login, after reboot, you don't get repair option at the startup, but only safe mode options, even safe mode with command prompt, that will eventually crash at some point.
3. Even after getting recovery CD or repair option enabled, and fixing the problem with "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /fixboot", BSOD will happen again at the exactly same time around 11:30am in the next day.
A solution: This is a solution I found, which means that you can accomplish this in many other ways.
1. Get to repair command prompt. I could do this by creating another error - by setting HDD mode to compatibility in BIOS. This will create startup error and thus system repair option will appear in startup after reboot.
2. When you get repair mode, skip repairing and try to get to the dialog showing advanced options. This can take 10-20 minutes for some reason I don't know.
3. In advanced options, go to command prompt and do following before restart
4. Change back HDD mode to AHCI in BIOS and save/reboot
5. Delete iastor.sys in windows/system32/iastor.sys and uninstall intel storage management
After rebooting, the BSOD should never happen again.
Hope this helps
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: How to solve BSOD problem in iastor.sys|
|iaStor.sys BSOD||BSOD Help and Support|
|PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004e BSOD problem and can't solve it||BSOD Help and Support|
|help solve BSOD problem||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD Iastor.sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD Help - iaStor.sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD iastor.sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|iaStor BSOD||BSOD Help and Support|