my screen saver suddently did not work, the pictures I was using did not show and my desktop shows all the time
in personalization/screen saver when I select a line in the drop down window it quickly goes back to the first line (none). the same happens with power management (my monitor is always on) , I cannot select a line from the drop down windows in services either (MS config).
I can force the selection of a line by holding the Ctrl key at the same time I select a line but when I click apply/OK it does not acknoledge my choice and goes back to the top.
what I have done so far to try to fix the problem (without success)
1. Update the driver
for the mouse (device manager) ( it was up to date), and change USB port for the mouse .
2. Did a windows repair at startup (F8), everything was OK
3. Run in save mode an SCF/scannow, everything was OK
4. Uninstall program that were installed in the past 10 days
5. Did a System restore to the earliest date available
6. Run Ccleaner, Microsoft security essential, registry cleaner, Malwarebytes.
is there anybody with this problem who was able to fix it?