Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

27 May 2011   #11
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duecez View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post
Sounds like it's just getting too hot.
What can I do to prevent this?
Clean out any dust blocking the vents/fans
I cleaned out my fan and vent with compressed air, but even with that I got another crash a few minutes ago.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 May 2011   #12
yowanvista

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duecez View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duecez View Post

What can I do to prevent this?
Clean out any dust blocking the vents/fans
I cleaned out my fan and vent with compressed air, but even with that I got another crash a few minutes ago.
Upload the latest .zip file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2011   #13
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 May 2011   #14
yowanvista

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duecez View Post
Here.
No dumps were collected by the jcgriff2 tool, dumps may have been deleted. Did you run any system cleaners(such as Ccleaner) after the crash?
If so wait for the computer to crash and re-upload the file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2011   #15
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duecez View Post
Here.
No dumps were collected by the jcgriff2 tool, dumps may have been deleted. Did you run any system cleaners(such as Ccleaner) after the crash?
If so wait for the computer to crash and re-upload the file
I haven't recently... I'll get it to crash again and let it sit for a while on the black screen in hopes of a log being shown.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2011   #16
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Here's the newest one. I let my computer sit for about 20 minutes on the blackscreen before I shut it off.

If I should leave it longer just let me know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2011   #17
mgorman87

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I see that you had some bluescreens back in March. Have you run any system cleaners in the past couple months?

Remove Daemon Tools until we get this sorted out.

Code:
Event[991]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2011-05-25T18:14:52.559
  Event ID: 11
  Task: N/A
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Dylan-VAIO
  Description: 
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.
Run a hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

Code:
7/10/2009 9:34:38 AM   C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Update your video card drivers. After you download the drivers go into device manager and uninstall the device from the computer. If prompted, choose the option to remove the drivers. Reboot the computer and install the drivers you downloaded. ATI Radeon

Code:
5/14/2009 8:51:34 AM   C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\netw5v64.sys
Code:
Event[12188]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: Windows Error Reporting
  Date: 2011-03-03T13:52:21.000
  Event ID: 1001
  Task: N/A
  Level: Information
  Opcode: Info
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Dylan-VAIO
  Description: 
Fault bucket X64_0xD1_netw5v64!prvMmacSchedAckSchedulerTxResponse+7b, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 
P2: 
P3: 
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030311-44756-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-427988-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6815.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
Update your Intel network drivers - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #18
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mgorman87 View Post
I see that you had some bluescreens back in March. Have you run any system cleaners in the past couple months?

Remove Daemon Tools until we get this sorted out.

Code:
Event[991]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2011-05-25T18:14:52.559
  Event ID: 11
  Task: N/A
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Dylan-VAIO
  Description: 
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.
Run a hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

Code:
7/10/2009 9:34:38 AM   C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Update your video card drivers. After you download the drivers go into device manager and uninstall the device from the computer. If prompted, choose the option to remove the drivers. Reboot the computer and install the drivers you downloaded. ATI Radeon

Code:
5/14/2009 8:51:34 AM   C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\netw5v64.sys
Code:
Event[12188]:
  Log Name: Application
  Source: Windows Error Reporting
  Date: 2011-03-03T13:52:21.000
  Event ID: 1001
  Task: N/A
  Level: Information
  Opcode: Info
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Dylan-VAIO
  Description: 
Fault bucket X64_0xD1_netw5v64!prvMmacSchedAckSchedulerTxResponse+7b, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 
P2: 
P3: 
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030311-44756-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-427988-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6815.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
Update your Intel network drivers - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications
I removed Daemon Tools. I ran the SeaTools checks, both long and short. My computer passed both. I uninstalled my ATI Raedon Drivers, rebooted and installed the new ones. I also updated the Intel Network card like you said.

Even after doing all of this, I got the crash yet again.

yowanvista, you said that there were no mindumps in the file. Could my computer be automatically deleting them, or not generating them for some reason?

Also, I was looking at my event log after I rebooted and saw this:

Quote:
Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following:

3 idle state(s)
3 performance state(s)
8 throttle state(s)
I don't really know how to interpret this, but could it be contributing to my problems? This could be normal for all I know, but I just wanted to show this incase it helps at all.

Also, thanks for everyone's help so far! Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2011   #19
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Another thing just happened. I had a crash while alt tabbing to CS:S. After my computer froze, a black bar appeared across the screen and the screen began to fade to white.

Does this bar or type of crash signify anything?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2011   #20
Duecez

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I just looked and the crash last night produced a mini dump.

I ran the tool again after the crash and I found the minidump.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Plannetside 2 (steam) black screen> reboot> BSOD crash report
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: FFFFFA8010C69010 BCP2: FFFFF880069CD6AC BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BSOD Help and Support
GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen
I first got SC2 at release and had issues with the game crashing. I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed (can't remember how). Recently I got the Walking Dead game, which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game. After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Black screen crash
Hi Someone who solved a similiar prob pls help me I have a big prob with the pc, screen goes black and i cant do anything. Must use the on/off botton to reboot it, when this happens the major prob comes. No boot found on pc, pc wont boot then i go to the bios and the hd is not in there. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Black screen crash & restarts, no BSOD
Hi, My laptop crashs quite regular, black screens and restarts randomly. I used to think it was heat related but the laptop doesn't really get hot. Idles at 38c. There are no crash dump files at all, i've configured windows to not restart in the event of a crash and to generate a crash...
BSOD Help and Support
Games crash to black screen, monitor loses signal, computer reboots
Crashes happen anytime, result in a black or white screen, one time, it completed the loop and it had actually BSOD'd! I have the memory dump (hoping a forums wizard can come and save me!). Have tried disabling HDMI audio package drivers, overclocking and underclocking the video card. Does not...
BSOD Help and Support
freeze lock crash in fullscreen games with black screen
When I try to play games they all lock up with a black screen. The games play fine from anywhere from 30sec to 10minutes but eventually die. I have tried replacing my 5750 with a 8600gts with the same results. I have tried a fresh install of win7home prem with same results. I have tried using...
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App