Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bsod 124

28 May 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home premium x64
 
 
Bsod 124

Alienware M17xR2
OEM Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Bought this laptop for about 1 year.
Had both 4870s in XF replaced about half a year ago.
No Overclocking done, except with the built in Turbo mode by Alienware

Had the BSOD when playing The Witcher 2 yesterday, no problem playing before that. Had this BSOD ever since yesterday after about 10min of playing

Tried looking through the web, cant find any cause or solution.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 May 2011   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
BC124 is a hardware error, your CPU is blamed.
You should test it
information   Information
Run Prime 95 again to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
information   Information
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Please remove McAfee using their Uninstall Tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800a70a028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000f2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010005, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  witcher2.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  f

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`00ba8a98 fffff800`0361aa3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a70a028 00000000`f2000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba8aa0 fffff800`037de7d3 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0a70da60 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a70dab0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff800`00ba8ae0 fffff800`0361a700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0a70da60 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff800`00ba8e00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff800`00ba8b40 fffff800`0361a052 : fffffa80`0a70da60 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffffa80`0a70da60 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff800`00ba8c90 fffff800`03619f0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff800`00ba8ef0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff800`00ba8cd0 fffff800`0360de88 : 00000000`26aeef24 00000000`433661e0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff800`00ba8d00 fffff800`036cff2c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff800`00ba8d30 fffff800`036cfd93 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff800`00ba8e70 00000000`734d5264 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
00000000`26aeeea4 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x734d5264


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME:  hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by impheatus View Post
Alienware M17xR2
OEM Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Bought this laptop for about 1 year.
Had both 4870s in XF replaced about half a year ago.
No Overclocking done, except with the built in Turbo mode by Alienware

Had the BSOD when playing The Witcher 2 yesterday, no problem playing before that. Had this BSOD ever since yesterday after about 10min of playing

Tried looking through the web, cant find any cause or solution.
Blamed on hardware I would do two things first.

1-Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.


2- remove Macaffe and replace with Microsoft security essentials.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)


http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

If that doesnt fix the problem try this

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 May 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
BC124 is a hardware error, your CPU is blamed.
You should test it
information   Information
Run Prime 95 again to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
information   Information
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Please remove McAfee using their Uninstall Tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800a70a028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000f2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010005, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  witcher2.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  f

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`00ba8a98 fffff800`0361aa3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a70a028 00000000`f2000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba8aa0 fffff800`037de7d3 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0a70da60 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a70dab0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff800`00ba8ae0 fffff800`0361a700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0a70da60 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff800`00ba8e00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff800`00ba8b40 fffff800`0361a052 : fffffa80`0a70da60 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffffa80`0a70da60 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff800`00ba8c90 fffff800`03619f0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff800`00ba8ef0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff800`00ba8cd0 fffff800`0360de88 : 00000000`26aeef24 00000000`433661e0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff800`00ba8d00 fffff800`036cff2c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff800`00ba8d30 fffff800`036cfd93 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff800`00ba8e70 00000000`734d5264 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
00000000`26aeeea4 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x734d5264


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME:  hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
i was running the small FFTs stress test, and it BSOD with the same 124 error again.
when i see the result.txt in the prime folder, it shows: Self-test 12K passed!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home premium x64
 
 

i ran the test again on small FFTs, this time theres an error

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #6

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by impheatus View Post
i ran the test again on small FFTs, this time theres an error

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
It means that there is a hardware problem in the CPU, you should get a new one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bsod 124




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33