Hi, this is my first post
I just bought this HP G7-1010ev laptop
and an HD 27'' LED TV. My problem is that it hangs and/or gives a BSOD at least once per day, from the first day I opened it, at random times. At first it hanged/BSOD if I left it unattended (though having uTorrent running in the background). After I disabled the sleep mode it didn't hang always after I left unattended.
When It hangs this happens: some apps become unresponsive/cannot force close them, then Windows become unresponsive, then mouse won't move/keyobard caps/num locks won't work. Few times it leads to a BSOD. I even got one while I was writing this very thread (bug self conscience?), about ~5 mins after system startup, after a normal shutdown.
I use it mainly for programming (so far I have only used eclipse) and I have played a little Starcraft II (it runs w/out problems or hangs). Other than that I only use Chrome, BS Player and Live! Messenger. Nothing else
What I did:
1. Disable any hibernation/sleep
2. Not run uTorrent
3. Use Ethernet and not WiFi
4. Use the Driver Verifier
-> no problems found
5. Scan the external disk drive with a complete check (showed some errors, but said it didn't have enough space to recover them, so I copied 150 GB to the laptop's HDD and rescaned it -> clean). The scans were done in other computers
6. Run chkdsk /F /R /X /B on C: -> done on startup -> both times it hanged, at different points at scan 4 of 5 (around 5%, then 55%)
7. Download SeaTools and run all tests (except extended one, it said it could delete data) -> all clean
8. Run diagnostic tests from HP BIOS (memory, disk, etc) -> all clean
What else can I do besides safe-mode and devices-disable? (disable what?) I get not dumps!
The BSOD is unable to save a memory dump. Only once did the BSOD tell me it was the ntfs.sys
I am at a loss here. It is a brand new laptop, it has not fallen by me, and it should work just fine. I suspect it is the disk
(KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, inability to write the memory dump). I don't want to remove the disk, in case i void warranty. Is there anything else I could do? I haven't find in google a problem about the specific laptop or even the series.
Could it be some software that causes the crashes? Or settings? I suspect not