Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Cannot view or upload minidump files!

04 Jun 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Cannot view or upload minidump files!

I used BlueScreenView to check what was the cause of the multiple BSOD's i was always getting and it turns out it is ntoskrnl.exe. However, i cannot zip the minidump .dmp file to upload and I cannot view the file's contents at all either.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jun 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by necrodragon View Post
I used BlueScreenView to check what was the cause of the multiple BSOD's i was always getting and it turns out it is ntoskrnl.exe. However, i cannot zip the minidump .dmp file to upload and I cannot view the file's contents at all either.




To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.



To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by necrodragon View Post
I used BlueScreenView to check what was the cause of the multiple BSOD's i was always getting and it turns out it is ntoskrnl.exe. However, i cannot zip the minidump .dmp file to upload and I cannot view the file's contents at all either.




To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.



To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.
You misunderstood, I cannot upload the minidump files because the computer won't let me access them, through the right-click zip method or through 7-zip.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Jun 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

the minidump file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by necrodragon View Post
the minidump file
Only thing in that file is the shortcut. NO DMP files try again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by necrodragon View Post
the minidump file
Only thing in that file is the shortcut. NO DMP files try again.
that's the best i can do, it won't let me make a zip of the actual file from it's original folder or from the desktop. I have never had to deal with anything like this before, please guide me step by step.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hopefully it will work this time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by necrodragon View Post
Hopefully it will work this time
This one is related to your network driver NETw5s64.sys.. re-install using newest.



Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\060411-22495-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c500?
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0324b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03488e50
Debug session time: Sat Jun  4 22:09:00.612 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:05:39.220
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
................................................................
...........
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
......................
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8004902060, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800b5d55a0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8004902060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800b5d55a0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IRP_ADDRESS:  fffffa800b5d55a0

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa8005d36050

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa8005c24800

IMAGE_NAME:  NETw5s64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4b4df6b9

MODULE_NAME: NETw5s64

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88006093000 NETw5s64

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8000332a383 to fffff800032bb700

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`00b9c4c8 fffff800`0332a383 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04902060 fffff800`00b9c518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c4d0 fffff800`032c72ae : fffff800`00b9c600 fffff800`00b9c600 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29270
fffff800`00b9c570 fffff800`032c6de6 : fffffa80`07c4c168 fffffa80`07c4c168 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c5e0 fffff800`032c74ce : 0000005c`fda15941 fffff800`00b9cc58 00000000`002710be fffff800`03439a48 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9cc30 fffff800`032c6cc7 : 00000013`53b20ec2 00000013`002710be 00000013`53b20ef4 00000000`000000be : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9ccd0 fffff800`032c3eea : fffff800`03435e80 fffff800`03443c40 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`00b9cd80 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`00b9d000 fffff800`00b97000 fffff800`00b9cd40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_IMAGE_NETw5s64.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_IMAGE_NETw5s64.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #9

Win7 Ultimate 64
 
 

*Deleted Post*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cannot view or upload minidump files!





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33