Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: ataport.sys BSOD

05 Jun 2011   #1

windows 7 PRO 32bit
 
 
ataport.sys BSOD

ok so i was playing battlestar galactica online when MSC detected virus after virus after virus the virus's being
obfuscator or something along those lines
cycbot.B
and another one starting with Ponm along those lines.
(after MSC deleted them they came up again and again)

i couldn't catch them has the BSOD came up fast (im lucky to have remembered those ^)

the pc shut down before i could read the BSOD but i could make out the word ataport.sys with 0x00 etc to the right (couldn't make out those either)

it then restarted very well after.
then it could be a few seconds into desktop or a few minutes into desktop it BSODs again.

im in safe mod at the moment ran a virus scan using
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
it found 14 virus's and deleted them all.

restarted and same BSOD came up.
i barely had enough time to activate my account on this forum
(that needs to be fixed BTW)

i used the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app but the data its collected seems way to personal for my Liking could you tell what ones to attach regarding my problem.

also ever since this has happened i keep on getting redirected in firefox and ie when i click google links

My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frakingPC View Post
ok so i was playing battlestar galactica online when MSC detected virus after virus after virus the virus's being
obfuscator or something along those lines
cycbot.B
and another one starting with Ponm along those lines.
(after MSC deleted them they came up again and again)

i couldn't catch them has the BSOD came up fast (im lucky to have remembered those ^)

the pc shut down before i could read the BSOD but i could make out the word ataport.sys with 0x00 etc to the right (couldn't make out those either)

it then restarted very well after.
then it could be a few seconds into desktop or a few minutes into desktop it BSODs again.

im in safe mod at the moment ran a virus scan using
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
it found 14 virus's and deleted them all.

restarted and same BSOD came up.
i barely had enough time to activate my account on this forum
(that needs to be fixed BTW)

i used the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app but the data its collected seems way to personal for my Liking could you tell what ones to attach regarding my problem.

also ever since this has happened i keep on getting redirected in firefox and ie when i click google links

Try this method it only uses the DMP files.





To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.



To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frakingPC View Post

..... also ever since this has happened i keep on getting redirected in firefox and ie when i click google links


Re your Google Re directs...
I suggest you download / run the free version of SuperAntiSpyware to scan your computer.
Do a full scan after updating. It will take some time to complete


SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Jun 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

As JMH said at a minuimum run SAS. The google redirect is fairly widespread atm. You can also download HiJackThis and run it. Post the logs and one of our malware specialists will take a look. http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #5

windows 7 PRO 32bit
 
 

thank you both allot for your response i will do these now PRB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #6

windows 7 PRO 32bit
 
 

abracadabra
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frakingPC View Post
abracadabra

Please run the malware scans first. This dmp file is suspicious.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #8

windows 7 PRO 32bit
 
 

i scanned using 2 programmes and the one u gave me, seems fine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #9

windows 7 PRO 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frakingPC View Post
abracadabra

Please run the malware scans first. This dmp file is suspicious.

Ken
was i not supposed to zip compress it?
i took it directly from the desktop out from the minidump in the windows folder, how's it suspicious i don't understand.
i followed the instructions i was given.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2011   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frakingPC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frakingPC View Post
abracadabra

Please run the malware scans first. This dmp file is suspicious.

Ken
was i not supposed to zip compress it?
i took it directly from the desktop out from the minidump in the windows folder, how's it suspicious i don't understand.
i followed the instructions i was given.
You did it correctly I believe.. I think I was asking you to run the malware scans first because of some suspicious circumstances.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ataport.sys BSOD





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: ataport.sys BSOD
Thread Forum
Frequent BSOD ataport.sys BSOD Help and Support
BSOD ataport.sys BSOD Help and Support
ataport.sys BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - ataport.sys BSOD Help and Support
BSOD ATAPort.sys BSOD Help and Support
ataport.sys BSOD caused by WMP Drivers
bsod ataport.sys? BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33