|10 Jun 2011||#2|
1-ASACPI.SYS a major cause of BSOD's in the 2005 rev.
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).
2-SPTD.SYS another huge problem used by daemon tools and alcohol120
Remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.
They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.
Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done:DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
3-Old drivers update at least these
ctac32k.sys 7/2/2008 4:38:22 AM fffff880`050e9000 fffff880`05197000 0x000ae000 0x486b3e7e AsUpIO.sys 7/5/2009 10:21:38 PM fffff880`0450e000 fffff880`04514000 0x00006000 0x4a515fb2
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
4- update your video driver using this method
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
|My System Specs|
|19 Jun 2011||#4|
I just got that same BSOF and now I'm in safe mode so I can post this. Attached is my newest minidump file. Can you please review it and lead me in the right direction? I tried all the updates and even did that majic disk thing which turned out be a major problem on my machine now. Thanks in advanced.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:26.