Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: unnamed BSOD


10 Jun 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 
unnamed BSOD

This BSOD happened right in the middle of me just using my PC normally. never seen it before, don;t know why it happened. no error message appeared at the top of the screen
Attachment 158950 <-- Dump file

Please help me.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2011   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
This BSOD happened right in the middle of me just using my PC normally. never seen it before, don;t know why it happened. no error message appeared at the top of the screen
Attachment 158950 <-- Dump file

Please help me.
BSOD caused by athrxusb.sys which is used by a wide variety of USB WiFi dongles/Adapters
Go to the WiFi device website and download the latest driver for your device
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrxusb.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
Probably caused by : athrxusb.sys ( athrxusb+a0901 )


KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------


EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP: 
+0
00000000`00000000 ??              ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  0000000000000000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E

PROCESS_NAME:  dwm.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

EXCEPTION_RECORD:  fffff880009b0658 -- (.exr 0xfffff880009b0658)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88003164901 (athrxusb+0x00000000000a0901)
   ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
   Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

TRAP_FRAME:  fffff880009b0700 -- (.trap 0xfffff880009b0700)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00fffa8005dc06ed rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000001
rdx=fffffa8005d7a030 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88003164901 rsp=fffff880009b0890 rbp=0000000000000000
 r8=fffffa8005d131f0  r9=0000000000000000 r10=ffffffffffecd070
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
athrxusb+0xa0901:
fffff880`03164901 ??              ???
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff800030df6be to fffff800030e7cd0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`009af738 fffff800`030df6be : fffffa80`04881820 fffffa80`064f2010 fffff880`009afeb0 fffff800`03113890 : nt!KeBugCheck
fffff880`009af740 fffff800`0311355d : fffff800`032ee968 fffff800`0322bcbc fffff800`03068000 fffff880`009b0658 : nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+0xe
fffff880`009af770 fffff800`03112335 : fffff800`0322f028 fffff880`009af7e8 fffff880`009b0658 fffff800`03068000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`009af7a0 fffff800`031233b1 : fffff880`009b0658 fffff880`009afeb0 fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`03a22270 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`009afe80 fffff800`030e7382 : fffff880`009b0658 fffffa80`05d13e70 fffff880`009b0700 fffffa80`05d27a80 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`009b0520 fffff800`030e5c8a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05d81460 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`009b0700 fffff880`03164901 : fffff880`016cb110 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0x10a
fffff880`009b0890 fffff880`016cb110 : fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 : athrxusb+0xa0901
fffff880`009b0898 fffffa80`04b5ec40 : 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 : ndis!WPP_GLOBAL_Control
fffff880`009b08a0 00000000`00000282 : fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`04b5ec40
fffff880`009b08a8 fffff880`030d5380 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03100331 : 0x282
fffff880`009b08b0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03100331 00000001`06257020 : athrxusb+0x11380


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
athrxusb+a0901
fffff880`03164901 ??              ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  7

SYMBOL_NAME:  athrxusb+a0901

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: athrxusb

IMAGE_NAME:  athrxusb.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  46c54b08

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_athrxusb+a0901

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_athrxusb+a0901

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
This BSOD happened right in the middle of me just using my PC normally. never seen it before, don;t know why it happened. no error message appeared at the top of the screen
Attachment 158950 <-- Dump file

Please help me.
BSOD caused by athrxusb.sys which is used by a wide variety of USB WiFi dongles/Adapters
Go to the WiFi device website and download the latest driver for your device
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrxusb.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
Probably caused by : athrxusb.sys ( athrxusb+a0901 )


KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------


EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP: 
+0
00000000`00000000 ??              ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  0000000000000000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E

PROCESS_NAME:  dwm.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

EXCEPTION_RECORD:  fffff880009b0658 -- (.exr 0xfffff880009b0658)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88003164901 (athrxusb+0x00000000000a0901)
   ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
   Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

TRAP_FRAME:  fffff880009b0700 -- (.trap 0xfffff880009b0700)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00fffa8005dc06ed rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000001
rdx=fffffa8005d7a030 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88003164901 rsp=fffff880009b0890 rbp=0000000000000000
 r8=fffffa8005d131f0  r9=0000000000000000 r10=ffffffffffecd070
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
athrxusb+0xa0901:
fffff880`03164901 ??              ???
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff800030df6be to fffff800030e7cd0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`009af738 fffff800`030df6be : fffffa80`04881820 fffffa80`064f2010 fffff880`009afeb0 fffff800`03113890 : nt!KeBugCheck
fffff880`009af740 fffff800`0311355d : fffff800`032ee968 fffff800`0322bcbc fffff800`03068000 fffff880`009b0658 : nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+0xe
fffff880`009af770 fffff800`03112335 : fffff800`0322f028 fffff880`009af7e8 fffff880`009b0658 fffff800`03068000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`009af7a0 fffff800`031233b1 : fffff880`009b0658 fffff880`009afeb0 fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`03a22270 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`009afe80 fffff800`030e7382 : fffff880`009b0658 fffffa80`05d13e70 fffff880`009b0700 fffffa80`05d27a80 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`009b0520 fffff800`030e5c8a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05d81460 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`009b0700 fffff880`03164901 : fffff880`016cb110 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0x10a
fffff880`009b0890 fffff880`016cb110 : fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 : athrxusb+0xa0901
fffff880`009b0898 fffffa80`04b5ec40 : 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 : ndis!WPP_GLOBAL_Control
fffff880`009b08a0 00000000`00000282 : fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`04b5ec40
fffff880`009b08a8 fffff880`030d5380 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03100331 : 0x282
fffff880`009b08b0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03100331 00000001`06257020 : athrxusb+0x11380


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
athrxusb+a0901
fffff880`03164901 ??              ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  7

SYMBOL_NAME:  athrxusb+a0901

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: athrxusb

IMAGE_NAME:  athrxusb.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  46c54b08

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_athrxusb+a0901

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_athrxusb+a0901

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Thanks, I haven't had that unnamed BSOD since, except today I come back to my PC from leaving it on for 2 hours or so to find this error:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Attachment 159448
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Jun 2011   #4

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
This BSOD happened right in the middle of me just using my PC normally. never seen it before, don;t know why it happened. no error message appeared at the top of the screen
Attachment 158950 <-- Dump file

Please help me.
BSOD caused by athrxusb.sys which is used by a wide variety of USB WiFi dongles/Adapters
Go to the WiFi device website and download the latest driver for your device
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrxusb.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
Probably caused by : athrxusb.sys ( athrxusb+a0901 )


KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------


EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP: 
+0
00000000`00000000 ??              ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  0000000000000000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E

PROCESS_NAME:  dwm.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

EXCEPTION_RECORD:  fffff880009b0658 -- (.exr 0xfffff880009b0658)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88003164901 (athrxusb+0x00000000000a0901)
   ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
   Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

TRAP_FRAME:  fffff880009b0700 -- (.trap 0xfffff880009b0700)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00fffa8005dc06ed rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000001
rdx=fffffa8005d7a030 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88003164901 rsp=fffff880009b0890 rbp=0000000000000000
 r8=fffffa8005d131f0  r9=0000000000000000 r10=ffffffffffecd070
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
athrxusb+0xa0901:
fffff880`03164901 ??              ???
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff800030df6be to fffff800030e7cd0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`009af738 fffff800`030df6be : fffffa80`04881820 fffffa80`064f2010 fffff880`009afeb0 fffff800`03113890 : nt!KeBugCheck
fffff880`009af740 fffff800`0311355d : fffff800`032ee968 fffff800`0322bcbc fffff800`03068000 fffff880`009b0658 : nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+0xe
fffff880`009af770 fffff800`03112335 : fffff800`0322f028 fffff880`009af7e8 fffff880`009b0658 fffff800`03068000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`009af7a0 fffff800`031233b1 : fffff880`009b0658 fffff880`009afeb0 fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`03a22270 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`009afe80 fffff800`030e7382 : fffff880`009b0658 fffffa80`05d13e70 fffff880`009b0700 fffffa80`05d27a80 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`009b0520 fffff800`030e5c8a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05d81460 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`009b0700 fffff880`03164901 : fffff880`016cb110 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0x10a
fffff880`009b0890 fffff880`016cb110 : fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 : athrxusb+0xa0901
fffff880`009b0898 fffffa80`04b5ec40 : 00000000`00000282 fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 : ndis!WPP_GLOBAL_Control
fffff880`009b08a0 00000000`00000282 : fffff880`030d5380 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`04b5ec40
fffff880`009b08a8 fffff880`030d5380 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03100331 : 0x282
fffff880`009b08b0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`04b5ec40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03100331 00000001`06257020 : athrxusb+0x11380


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
athrxusb+a0901
fffff880`03164901 ??              ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  7

SYMBOL_NAME:  athrxusb+a0901

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: athrxusb

IMAGE_NAME:  athrxusb.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  46c54b08

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_athrxusb+a0901

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_athrxusb+a0901

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Thanks, I haven't had that unnamed BSOD since, except today I come back to my PC from leaving it on for 2 hours or so to find this error:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Attachment 159448
Still the cause cause, either disable that device or uninstall it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 unnamed BSOD




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: unnamed BSOD
Thread Forum
Solved Win 7 backup fails to complete because of unnamed Fat32 partition Backup and Restore
Mysterious unnamed folder impossible to delete. 133GB. BSOD Help and Support
Unnamed BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Solved Unnamed BSOD again BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33