Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD's since computer was built

12 Jun 2011   #11
btc138

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

So this morning I uninstalled the NIC again and fixed the selected issues with CCleaner and fixed them. NIC is the only Realtek software on my computer as of now, I do not have any audio drivers or anything else installed.

After reinstalling the new NIC I received another BlueScreen... I will see if I receive any more today. It still seems like something isn't right.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Jun 2011   #12
btc138

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Yeah I just received another one upon reboot, this could possibly be the most frustrating thing ever, haha.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #13
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Yeah I just received another one upon reboot, this could possibly be the most frustrating thing ever, haha.
Lets try this...
Uninstall the NIC driver,clean and this time dont install the driver,wait for results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jun 2011   #14
btc138

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Yes, I tried this before and windows does automatically install it, although it is an older driver than what the one on their website is. I was having problems running the older driver as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #15
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Yes, I tried this before and windows does automatically install it, although it is an older driver than what the one on their website is. I was having problems running the older driver as well.
Uninstall the NIC driver,clean and this time dont install the driver,wait for results.
Btw ur NIC is onboard or an extra card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #16
btc138

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Yes, I tried this before and windows does automatically install it, although it is an older driver than what the one on their website is. I was having problems running the older driver as well.
Uninstall the NIC driver,clean and this time dont install the driver,wait for results.
So you are saying after I clean it to let Windows install the old driver, or just let my computer run with no NIC to see if it is stable?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #17
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Yes, I tried this before and windows does automatically install it, although it is an older driver than what the one on their website is. I was having problems running the older driver as well.
Uninstall the NIC driver,clean and this time dont install the driver,wait for results.
So you are saying after I clean it to let Windows install the old driver, or just let my computer run with no NIC to see if it is stable?
Uninstall the NIC driver,clean and this time DONT install any driver,wait for results.
Btw ur NIC is onboard or an extra card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #18
btc138

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Onboard I believe, I apologize for being a noob to computers.
Just to make sure the NIC I dl'ed last night I went to Realtek website-> Went to NIC -> 10/100/1000M Gigabit Internet -> PCI Express.

Did I install the correct driver? Because I was a little bit confused.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #19
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Onboard I believe, I apologize for being a noob to computers.
Just to make sure the NIC I dl'ed last night I went to Realtek website-> Went to NIC -> 10/100/1000M Gigabit Internet -> PCI Express.

Did I install the correct driver? Because I was a little bit confused.
Download driver from here http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-G...r&os=Win7%2032
This is ur motherboard website,under the motherboard picture is the Download button,from there you can download anything you need.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #20
btc138

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by btc138 View Post
Onboard I believe, I apologize for being a noob to computers.
Just to make sure the NIC I dl'ed last night I went to Realtek website-> Went to NIC -> 10/100/1000M Gigabit Internet -> PCI Express.

Did I install the correct driver? Because I was a little bit confused.
Download driver from here http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-G...r&os=Win7%2032
This is ur motherboard website.
Will do will let you know results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD's since computer was built




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Recently built my computer, have a few BSOD
I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, I've had "irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD and "paged fault in nonpaged area" BSOD. Specs- Motherboard- ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel CPU- Intel Core i5-4570 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz Ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 Graphics- PNY...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on freshly built computer
So a two days ago my computer was giving me tons of blue screens. I figured I'd format everything and start fresh. After dealing with various different install issues, I finally got Windows to boot up. Fast forward to yesterday and I end up with blue screens nearly every 15 minutes. I think...
BSOD Help and Support
Various BSoD's on Custom Built Computer
Hello, A small bit of history first: The computer in question is a custom build that I had been using for around 5 years with no problems at all. I then gave it to my sister after a complete format, and she has started to experience many BSoD's with it. Please note that only the internal...
BSOD Help and Support
Newly built computer with BSOD, please help!
Hey everybody, I've been putting together a new computer for the past 2 weeks, and I've been getting the BSOD and I don't know why. It might be because of the cpu cooling or memory or the psu. I've changed the psu from 600w to 800w but I'm still getting the bs. I'm currently using the stock...
BSOD Help and Support
Help my computer I just built keeps having BSOD!
Around 3 days ago I just finished putting together my computer and since then I have had BSOD 3 times, twice while gaming and once while watching a movie. I have no idea why they are happening, here is the report windows gave me after it happened. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: ...
BSOD Help and Support
Help with BSOD, computer was just built!!!
I built this PC a couple months ago, and ever since I having random BSOD, mostly while I play games. (i.e. SWTOR, BF3). And once or twice while just web browsing. Below I have attached the required information. I took it to a buddy's house and it ran find for about 40 mins, but its hard to say...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App