Hey guys having the worst day of my life just got my computer 6 days ago and now have a big problem. My dad (hes old) was using my pc downloaded something off of some site and ran the exe and the computer restarted and now BSOD right at the windows logo.
Its a Dell XPS 8300, I have tried:
1. Ran windows start up checker, it is unable to fix it.
2. Tried to run it in safemode, it gets stuck at CLASSPNP.SYS
3. Did system restore to no avail.
4. Swapped my hard drive for a harddrive from a different computer with windows 7 already loaded, same BSOD and safemode error.
5. Plugged original drive back in, and ran Dell Recovery, which basically formats C and puts it in factory settings. Restart computer, same issue.
6. Downloaded a Windows 7 64bit recovery disk, booted computer from it, ran windows start up checker didnt help, ran command prompt to manually format C, it says "enter volume label" i put C, it says invalid???
7. People in other places have mentioned changing HDD mode from AHCI to IDE in bios, but my bios only shows AHCI and RAID 0 ??
8. Called dell tech support (i know, i know, im desparate) they cant figure it out.
9. I took out the RAM to see if that was the issue it wasnt
10. I replaced the graphics card with the one that came with the Dell, reran dell recovery, didnt help.
11. I ran Dell hardware check up that checks all the hardware and fans and it came back with 0 problems.
I am out of ideas at this point, I have lost all my data and formatted why wont this crap run.
My Specs: Core i7-2600 3.4ghz, 8gb ram, windows 7 64bit, some ati card 4550 i think that came with dell, 2 western digital 1tb hdds, 1 dvdwriter. no external devices are hooked to the pc just keyboard and mouse. My dell also has this built in media card reader but I dont know if thats the issue, couldnt be im guessing.
any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
Edit: I cant upload a BSOD dump file as I cant login to windows!