Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD - Rebooted from bugcheck 0x0000000a

16 Jun 2011   #1
Chevalier

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1
 
 
BSOD - Rebooted from bugcheck 0x0000000a

My PC is a system I build a couple of months ago and is based on a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe motherboard running the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system which has been updated to SP1.

Currently my PC crashes with BSOD every other day and the event viewer shows:-

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 16/06/2011 09:57:53
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: STUDY
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x000009769eae965a, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80003061782). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 061611-13930-01.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-16T08:57:53.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>19153</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>STUDY</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">0x0000000a (0x000009769eae965a, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80003061782)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
<Data Name="param3">061611-13930-01</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have examined the dumps using WhoCrashed and got the following:-

On Thu 16/06/2011 08:38:18 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061611-13930-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7FD00)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x9769EAE965A, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80003061782)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time

I have run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and it shows no problems.

I attach the files created by your BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. As requested I also ran perfmon/report from the Start menu but it reported "Windows cannot find 'perfmon/report' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". Since you provided the name then are you sure it is correct?

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jun 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
My PC is a system I build a couple of months ago and is based on a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe motherboard running the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system which has been updated to SP1.

Currently my PC crashes with BSOD every other day and the event viewer shows:-

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 16/06/2011 09:57:53
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: STUDY
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x000009769eae965a, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80003061782). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 061611-13930-01.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-16T08:57:53.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>19153</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>STUDY</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">0x0000000a (0x000009769eae965a, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80003061782)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
<Data Name="param3">061611-13930-01</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have examined the dumps using WhoCrashed and got the following:-

On Thu 16/06/2011 08:38:18 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061611-13930-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7FD00)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x9769EAE965A, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80003061782)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time

I have run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and it shows no problems.

I attach the files created by your BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. As requested I also ran perfmon/report from the Start menu but it reported that it could not find the file.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?


These was Related to aaHMSvc.exe from ASUSTeK Computer Inc.. I would update or remove to test.

Also


Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2011   #3
Chevalier

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1
 
 

Many thanks for your prompt response. I shall try what you suggest and will report back later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jun 2011   #4
Chevalier

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1
 
 

I have removed the items suggested, rebooted the PC, cleaned the Registry and rebooted again. I then ran Prime95 to see how the PC responded to stress tests. Aftyer a short time the PC crashed and BSOD appeared. I allowed the crash dump to be created and then re-ran your BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. The results are attached.

I hope that this latest information will help to identify what is causing these BSOD.

Kind regards,

Chevalier
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2011   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I have removed the items suggested, rebooted the PC, cleaned the Registry and rebooted again. I then ran Prime95 to see how the PC responded to stress tests. Aftyer a short time the PC crashed and BSOD appeared. I allowed the crash dump to be created and then re-ran your BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. The results are attached.

I hope that this latest information will help to identify what is causing these BSOD.

Kind regards,

Chevalier
Sptd.sys is still being loaded.

sptd.sys 8/24/2010 2:13:12 AM fffff880`0103f000 fffff880`0119c000 0x0015d000 0x4c7362f8
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2011   #6
Chevalier

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I have removed the items suggested, rebooted the PC, cleaned the Registry and rebooted again. I then ran Prime95 to see how the PC responded to stress tests. Aftyer a short time the PC crashed and BSOD appeared. I allowed the crash dump to be created and then re-ran your BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. The results are attached.

I hope that this latest information will help to identify what is causing these BSOD.

Kind regards,

Chevalier
Sptd.sys is still being loaded.

sptd.sys 8/24/2010 2:13:12 AM fffff880`0103f000 fffff880`0119c000 0x0015d000 0x4c7362f8
Sorry about that. I used Windows uninstal and clearly remnants still existed. I manually ran through regedit and I found and eliminated 3 instances of sptd.sys.

After a reboot I ran Priome95 again and ........WOW no BSOD. You are a star!

I shall watch for the next few days and hope this is not a false dawn.

Many thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2011   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I have removed the items suggested, rebooted the PC, cleaned the Registry and rebooted again. I then ran Prime95 to see how the PC responded to stress tests. Aftyer a short time the PC crashed and BSOD appeared. I allowed the crash dump to be created and then re-ran your BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. The results are attached.

I hope that this latest information will help to identify what is causing these BSOD.

Kind regards,

Chevalier
Sptd.sys is still being loaded.

sptd.sys 8/24/2010 2:13:12 AM fffff880`0103f000 fffff880`0119c000 0x0015d000 0x4c7362f8
Sorry about that. I used Windows uninstal and clearly remnants still existed. I manually ran through regedit and I found and eliminated 3 instances of sptd.sys.

After a reboot I ran Priome95 again and ........WOW no BSOD. You are a star!

I shall watch for the next few days and hope this is not a false dawn.

Many thanks.
Fingers crossed. Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD - Rebooted from bugcheck 0x0000000a




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck
I have been a reader of this site for quite some time. Time after time I get info/guidance here that I don't see any other place. This is my first post. I upgraded this PC from Windows Server 2008 (64 bit) to Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) about 8 months ago. I don't overclock. The PC has...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - Windows rebooted from bugcheck
Custom built PC under two months old. This is the 6th BSOD! The maintenance report is as follows: Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa8005fff850, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in:...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD- Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck
just recently replaced my motherboard, GPU and Ram on this PC and every now and then I get a BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff9600030c9e6, 0xfffff880091c9100, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in:...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - Computer rebooted from bugcheck
Hi I've been struggling with my daughter's netbook, a dell mini 1012, for a while now. At first it was just running slow compared to my other daughter's netbook, so I swapped around the hard disks and it appeared that it was the hard disk that was causing the netbook to run slow. I've...
BSOD Help and Support
5 BSOD's in one day with Windows 64 bit (Rebooted from bugcheck)
First off, I am coming from the Mac world and this is my first system build. I have unexpected shutdowns regularly, 5 in one day on 10/2. I went into the reliability monitor and checked the technical details...here's what I found on a couple of the errors: The computer has rebooted from a...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App