As the title says, my computer has recently started with these BSOD's when I play games on my pc. Sometimes, I'll have Gameplay sessions that last anywhere from 2 to 4 hours and wont have any issues whatsoever. Other times, however, I can play for a couple hours and all of a sudden I'll either get a hard freeze; forcing me to reboot the computer or I'll get an actually BSOD. I have done the following to remedy the issues myself:
- Ran MEMTEST 86 to test the physical ram
- Ran a full Microsoft Security Essentials scan (found a few viruses)
- Ran a full Malewarebytes scan (found a few issues with this program as well)
- Used CCleaner to clean up excess trash and registy conflicts.
- Have installed and updated all my drivers (as far as I know anyways)
- Updated my BIOS (this helped tremendously with boot-up times)
At the time of this post I've only had one game that's been causing these issues during gameplay tests. That game is Rift, so now I'm unsure if the blame is on the game itself or faulty hardware /software issues. I hope I provided the necessary information to at least point me to a possible solution. Thanks!
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (OEM) latest updates via Windows Update)
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX (no overclocking) latest drivers
Creative SB X-FI Titanium
Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHZ (no overclocking)
8 gigs DDR3 RAM
Age of hardware is almost a year old, and the OS hasn't been reinstalled (yet anyways)