Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows 7 BSOD issue

27 Jun 2011   #1
triggerftu

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
windows 7 BSOD issue

for some reason i keep getting a bsod. i think it has something to do with the video driver but after reinstalling multiple times it's the same problem. everytime i am playing a game that is very heavy used on the video card ether the application or game crashes or the system does a full restart. i've done alot to figure out what the issue is all but do a complete reinstall of the OS. it is retail. and my os was reinstalled back in march. i did an image of the disc back in april when i bought a new HDD i have sence then upgraded the ram. and changed out the old cooling system with a liquid cooling system. still the same issue arises. i don't normally jump to other websites on help unless i know i'm at near defeat, and atm i feel that way. much help would be appreciated. thx


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Jun 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by triggerftu View Post
for some reason i keep getting a bsod. i think it has something to do with the video driver but after reinstalling multiple times it's the same problem. everytime i am playing a game that is very heavy used on the video card ether the application or game crashes or the system does a full restart. i've done alot to figure out what the issue is all but do a complete reinstall of the OS. it is retail. and my os was reinstalled back in march. i did an image of the disc back in april when i bought a new HDD i have sence then upgraded the ram. and changed out the old cooling system with a liquid cooling system. still the same issue arises. i don't normally jump to other websites on help unless i know i'm at near defeat, and atm i feel that way. much help would be appreciated. thx
2 of 3 Related to AsUpIO.sys Signed by from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. I would re-install with latest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2011   #3
triggerftu

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

ok uh what is AsUpIO.sys? would that be for the chipset or other? if so great.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jun 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by triggerftu View Post
ok uh what is AsUpIO.sys? would that be for the chipset or other? if so great.
unsure, go to mfr site to be sure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #5
triggerftu

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by triggerftu View Post
ok uh what is AsUpIO.sys? would that be for the chipset or other? if so great.
unsure, go to mfr site to be sure.
found it was my chipset drivers. from the asus updater. i removed he updater and re installed the drivers and all is well. thx a ton i am very greatful (i almost went bald with this one lol)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows 7 BSOD issue




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Issue after windows update.
I had a few issues before this, namely after the 'welcome' screen it would load to a black screen and a cursor and freeze there. So I have recently re-installed Windows. (mentioning this because I'm not sure if the two incidents could be related.) System was fine for about half an hour after the...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 BSOD - Audio Issue
Hey Guys, I have a Dell E6410 laptop (Purchased in October 2010), and it appears to crash consistently when I have it docked and use the audio driver (such as when I am on youtube). I am running Windows 7 x86 with the OOTB version that came from Dell with my laptop. I've had this same setup for...
BSOD Help and Support
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power BSOD Windows 7 issue Please help!
I started having this issue today and have had no luck solving it. Anytime I start up windows and log on to a user it'll Blue Screen with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This first happened when I was browsing the internet on random websites. Java randomly opened and was doing something. It...
BSOD Help and Support
windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue
the model for this is Aspire M7720. with the default hardware inside. Windows 7 Home Premium Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz 6.00GB RAM 64-bit operating system current hardware issue : intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 x64 RC BSOD issue
Hi, So today my custom built computer crashed and gave me the Blue Screen of Death for the first time ever and I don't know what the problem is. Over the past few days Firefox has been randomly shutting down on me, but I don't know if that's related. I scanned for viruses and found nothing so...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 BSOD Issue, .dmp attached
Ever since I installed Windows 7 64 Bit Professional my computer has randomly shut down but its always right after sleep/hibernate mode. The Event viewer gave me this message: Log Name: System Source: BugCheck Event ID: 1001 Level: Error OpCode: Info Logged: 1/9/2010 3:01:44 PM Task...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App