Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: STOP: 0x0000007F

30 Jun 2011   #11
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
This is the cbs.log since the sfc scannow didnt work out.
From a quick look at the log I gather that SFC gave you the message that it couldn't fix, right?

As far as I can tell... we have three options:
-Either you got malware that also hides or deleted your restore points. That is a used hide mech for malware... OR
- For some reason your base W7 drivers are messed up.
- Your update was very messed up because you forced a shutdown at a crucial point in the update. This could be a reason for the second option even though I'm a bit surprised by your losing recovery points by that...

I'd give the following a quick try as it has the least consequences: If you're up to it, go in your BIOS, disable all USB devices, boot in SAFE MODE and run sfc scannow again two times. SFC was unable to recover your standar USB drivers and, as it tried to do so, we must assume they are corrupted.

A more difficult path but one I think this will amount to, is to do a full or partial re-install of W7 using your W7disc (or recovery disk) which I hope you have... there are tutorials here on how to do that.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Jun 2011   #12
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
This is the cbs.log since the sfc scannow didnt work out.
From a quick look at the log I gather that SFC gave you the message that it couldn't fix, right?

As far as I can tell... we have three options:
-Either you got malware that also hides or deleted your restore points. That is a used hide mech for malware... OR
- For some reason your base W7 drivers are messed up.
- Your update was very messed up because you forced a shutdown at a crucial point in the update. This could be a reason for the second option even though I'm a bit surprised by your losing recovery points by that...

I'd give the following a quick try as it has the least consequences: If you're up to it, go in your BIOS, disable all USB devices, boot in SAFE MODE and run sfc scannow again two times. SFC was unable to recover your standar USB drivers and, as it tried to do so, we must assume they are corrupted.

A more difficult path but one I think this will amount to, is to do a full or partial re-install of W7 using your W7disc (or recovery disk) which I hope you have... there are tutorials here on how to do that.
If it is malware, can i download an antivirus program and get rid of it? Also how do i disable my usb devices? I can't do the windows 7 re-install because I bought my netbook off of craigslist, but Im pretty sure my os, Windows 7 starter came preinstalled with the computer. Is there any way I can access it for free if that is the case?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2011   #13
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

If I understand correctly, you do not have a W7 disc but only a pre-installed W7 on your machine.... In that case:

System Recovery Options
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jun 2011   #14
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Which option would i choose from there? I have already done the system restore option.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2011   #15
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Which option would i choose from there? I have already done the system restore option.
Are you sure?? I gathered you had tried a repair from non-existing recovery points, so .. that did not work. If you really tried a W7 install restore using the pre-install on a partition on your harddisk.. and that did not work? In that case I don't think you have any other option but to do a clean install from a dvd/cd disc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2011   #16
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

also i was looking around for a way to reinstall a preinstalled os and it said that i need to disable the boot booster before i do that. When i went into my bios, i couldnt find the boot booster option. any idea why?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2011   #17
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
also i was looking around for a way to reinstall a preinstalled os and it said that i need to disable the boot booster before i do that. When i went into my bios, i couldnt find the boot booster option. any idea why?
Eeeehhh no.. but that's because you've not filled in all your correct systems spec's
Go to user CP and do that please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2011   #18
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Hello.

I'm very new at analyzing BSOD's, just so you're warned.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athr.sys
Probably caused by : athr.sys ( athr+8a12b )
As I've been told, athr.sys is your LAN-Wireless driver. Either not loaded, or outdated.

Second .dmp..
Couldn't really load this one. Quite uncompleted.

Third .dmp..
Code:
Probably caused by : monitor.sys ( monitor!BrightnessTargetToPercentage+32 )
This would be your Microsoft Windows monitor driver file. Try updating either your monitor driver, or your graphic driver (clean install recommended).

Forth .dmp..
Looks unloaded to me.

This is just some of your .dmp, but try updating a couple of drivers
FredeGail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #19
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Hello.

I'm very new at analyzing BSOD's, just so you're warned.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athr.sys
Probably caused by : athr.sys ( athr+8a12b )
As I've been told, athr.sys is your LAN-Wireless driver. Either not loaded, or outdated.

Second .dmp..
Couldn't really load this one. Quite uncompleted.

Third .dmp..
Code:
Probably caused by : monitor.sys ( monitor!BrightnessTargetToPercentage+32 )
This would be your Microsoft Windows monitor driver file. Try updating either your monitor driver, or your graphic driver (clean install recommended).

Forth .dmp..
Looks unloaded to me.

This is just some of your .dmp, but try updating a couple of drivers
FredeGail
Hello Frederik, good work but I think he's already past that... SFC is unable to restore standard W7 drivers. And a W7 repair has not worked. Only thing left now is a real W7 recovery from a W7 Disk or Recovery disk of this system (when it was still stable ) .

We need to know what his BIOS/MOBO is so we can help him set the BIOS boot order to cd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #20
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Spok, some extra info. Be sure to check this tut for a repair install:
Repair Install

+ on your question on hunting down Malware... even though I think you're past that point now, you could have a look at : Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 STOP: 0x0000007F




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD, usually when downloading – STOP 0x0000007f
Hi, all, I am getting sporadic BSODs which I think only (or at least mostly) happen when I'm downloading large files. My laptop has actually just been physically repaired – new lid, new base, new screen – and that didn't solve the problem, so I am guessing it's probably a driver issue. Hope...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD STOP: 0x0000007F
hi all About 1 month ago I purchased some new parts to assemble my pc , unfortunately I am having problems with random BSOD which I could not identify . please ask for your help with this situation , The blue screen show sometimes when I'm just listening music , when I turn off the PC, when I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD; STOP: 0x0000007F -- HELP??
I'm lost....And I feel like the largest fool to be honest. I'm not one to tamper with registry files, but I've been having networking/ping complications in an online multiplayer game and I feel victim to something that I shouldn't have done. I'm going to do my ABSOLUTE BEST to highlight all the...
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 64 Bit BSOD STOP: 0x0000007f
Hello, I'm running a Win 7 ultimate 64 Bit upgrade from XP 32 bit. I upgraded the hardware and associated bios/drivers etc before doing so, it all ran fine under XP. Hardware upgrades: Mobo P5B keep, bios to latest to support Q9650 PSU keep CPU E6400->Q9650 GPU 7800GT -> 9600GT Ram 3GB...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD; ntoskrnl.exe; STOP: 0x0000007f
Hi I'm running windows 7 64 bit and I'm having a BSOD constantly. (sometimes after 10 Minutes, sometimes after 10 hours) I have been getting these blue screens regularly since I built my PC. It happens while doing anything from running games to just idling. After some looking around I used...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App