First, as this is my first post, if this is placed in the wrong section, please move accordingly.
When I boot into the operating system, I am unable to click the start button or any of the applications on my desktop. When I hover the pointer over the button, the circle is spinning. Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete
works sometimes, but never immediatly, and I always have to do it several times for the task manager to open.
I have already done the following resulting in absolutely no errors:
- Memtest86+ for 24 hours.
- Prime 95 Blend for 24 hours.
- 20 Maximum runs of Intel Burn Test.
- Ran Chdsk on all four of the system's hard drives.
- Reformatted all four drives twice and installed the operating system along with all updated drivers twice.
- Ran a complete virus scan on all four drives using AVG Free, Shaw-Secure, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Norton Internet Security 2011.
- Ensured in the BIOS that the memory is running at its appropriate timing and speed.
I tried using the 64-Bit version of the Windows 7 Hotfix found at the following link, but every time it says it does not apply to the system: Help and Support
. I chose the X64 platform.
Thank you in advance to everyone who helps!