|13 Jul 2011||#1|
writing this post for my mum whos pc is having lots of bsod.
She says they mainly happen when she is playing games on yahoo.
I have attached the dump files and would be greatful of any ideas as to what could be causing the problems.
Many thanks in advance.
|My System Specs|
|13 Jul 2011||#2|
Several problems pointing to hardware BUT before investigating please follow these
1-ASACPI.SYS a major cause of BSOD's in the 2005 rev.
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 10:30:36 PM fffff880`0fdd9000 fffff880`0fde1000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c nvm62x64.sys 10/17/2008 5:01:06 PM fffff880`03eca000 fffff880`03f2dd80 0x00063d80 0x48f8fd12
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
|My System Specs|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.