I just love this forum. I just joined here eventually and I am happy to see that I have at last landed at a place where I am sure to get some solid help. I am having a Sony Vaio E series VPCEE23FX Amd core 64 bit laptop which came with a pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I bought this laptop about 10 months ago from a deal in circuitcity.com.
Till about 2 months ago, everything was smooth. But now that's all changed. I get BSODs of the types 0x0007A with the title of "kernel_inpage_error" and also of the type "0x000F4". These are the only 2 types of bsods that keep occurring. Also many times, when I try restarting the lap or maybe powering it up, I get a black screen saying "operating system not found". But when I power off and power on and follow this process a couple of time, I am able to boot up.
The blue screen errors has been occurring for atleast one and a half months now with a frequency of almost 2 to 3 times "EVERY DAY"...Its been very very agonising to say the least.
First of all let me tell you what are things I have done so far.
1) I have already activated "small dump file" in the advanced settings. Also the paging file is also I believe of the right size. My system RAM is 3740MB and the size of the paging file is 3834MB which I believe would be sufficient to be abe to write a small dump file. Also, I have disabled auto-restart upon system failure and hence the blue screen just stays whenever it occurs, thus making it convenient for me to note down the error.
Till date I have not been able to locate the minidump folder which loads of ppl have been talking abt since time immemorial. This leads me to conclude that there is no dump file that is created everytime I get the BSOD. Not sure what exactly the problem is.
2) These apart, I pressed the in-built "assist" button and recovered my system to its factory settings. Still the BSODs come and "operating system not found" error creeps up.
3) There is no virus in my system. I have done complete system scans about twenty times already. Also done MBR scan, and cleaned registries using reginout and ccleaner. I keep my system cool with the help of a cooling pad and also a small table fan clipped to my study table all the time. Some of these things might seem like too much of an overkill but I have done just about everything to troubleshoot my BSODS but failed miserably in achieving any success in it. I can't believe that this might be the case of a heating issue because my core temperature hovers around 48 to 59 degrees most of the time. Also I fail to believe that this might be the case of a dying hard disk because the hard disk is just 10 months old.
4) I contacted vaio care through chat and through the phone. But they don't seem to have a good answer for the bsods. And I do not want to replace my hard-disk unless I am sure that the problem is with the hard-disk.
5) I ran chkdisk and there are no bad sectors on the hard disk.
There has been absolutely nothing I could do for as long as these two months to control these BSODs or in my quest to activate the minidump file.
I know there might be a solution to the latter. But guys pls help me. Atleast I want to get a dump file atleast once during a BSOD and upload, share and show u guys my miseries till date.