Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Fresh SSD BSOD

18 Jul 2011   #1
DannyMac

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
Fresh SSD BSOD

In a nut shell... I bought a new Kingston 96Gb SSD I did a fresh install on a secondary computer to get it set up so I could just throw it in my main computer. Get windows 7 pro installed and up to date put it in my main computer and BSOD as soon as windows logo shows up. Tried a repair, and restore but BSOD every time at logo. I put it back on the secondary computer and works perfectly.

Is there something special I need to do to my main computer to read it correctly?

I can give a lot more info if needed, I'm kinda hoping this is a general issue that can easily be adjusted, since both systems run fine and it's a brand new drive.

Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Jul 2011   #2
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
In a nut shell... I bought a new Kingston 96Gb SSD I did a fresh install on a secondary computer to get it set up so I could just throw it in my main computer. Get windows 7 pro installed and up to date put it in my main computer and BSOD as soon as windows logo shows up. Tried a repair, and restore but BSOD every time at logo. I put it back on the secondary computer and works perfectly.

Is there something special I need to do to my main computer to read it correctly?

I can give a lot more info if needed, I'm kinda hoping this is a general issue that can easily be adjusted, since both systems run fine and it's a brand new drive.

Thanks
Hi DannyMac welcome to SF

Please follow these steps and upload your minidump http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2011   #3
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

My guess would be that there is a driver problem. When you installed on the secondary computer, the drivers for that system were installed. I presume your primary system is somehow different. Now the system is coughing at you because it does not find the driver to match the PC. Best way out is to install Win7 on the system where you want to run it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jul 2011   #4
digitalrurouni

Windows 7 x64 Pro
 
 

Man what with the OCZ and other Sandforce related SSDs crapping out and then Intel's 320 series having data loss issues, I certainly picked the right time to consider what SSD to get...seems like SSD tech is still too volatile and too unstable. That is just an outsider's opinion though...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2011   #5
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by digitalrurouni View Post
Man what with the OCZ and other Sandforce related SSDs crapping out and then Intel's 320 series having data loss issues, I certainly picked the right time to consider what SSD to get...seems like SSD tech is still too volatile and too unstable. That is just an outsider's opinion though...
I think you see the situation too negative. I work with SSDs since 3 years and except for the very first one I never had any problem with all five (3 OCZ and 2 Intel). I think you can plunge into the SSD adventure with very little risk and a big gain. Just stay on the conservative side. Leading edge technology is always risky.

Look at the problem that Intel had with the Sandy Bridge. Would that be a reason not to use any more CPUs? - LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2011   #6
DannyMac

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
My guess would be that there is a driver problem. When you installed on the secondary computer, the drivers for that system were installed. I presume your primary system is somehow different. Now the system is coughing at you because it does not find the driver to match the PC. Best way out is to install Win7 on the system where you want to run it.
Reinstalled on main computer, works perfect thanks for the help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2011   #7
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

You are welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Fresh SSD BSOD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on fresh OS.
I have recently started having BSOD's starting a few days ago. I havent installed any new hardware or software, and actually, formatted my PC thinking it would help the issue. At first the DMP files were linking it to a gpu driver issue, but I checked for drivers and everything was up to date....
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD win 7 ult x64, after fresh install!
ok so i have an alienware area 51 with dual nvidia gtx 480 video cards. i was getting constant bluescreens so i spoke to alienware crapsupport and they told me to reinstall windows. which i did. low and behold a few minutes in i start getting blue screens. At first the bsdo were in regards to...
BSOD Help and Support
Fresh Installation and then BSOD
Hi Guys just done a fresh Installation and then 3 days later I got this BSOD was wondering if you experts can take a look and give me a heads up on it. Many thanks Steve
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 x64 Ult BSOD after fresh install
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, not OEM. Hardware is 8 months old, OS was freshly reinstalled 3 days ago. Based on the most recent dump this appears to be related to my Linksys WMP54gs and a possible incompatibility with Windows 7. I have already RMA'd my RAM and the new modules passed a mem test. The...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system
Hi. I have installed a whole new windows 7 pro x64. My new mobo an ASus p5e3 pro along with new ram pc12800 gskill 2x2 ddr3 (running in 1066mhz due to my q6600) Everythingi s running perfectly...except some random BSOD. 4 total this week. I have posted a pack of dump file in here, the last 4...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App