|22 Jul 2011||#1|
| || |
User get black screen when trying to login
I logged into a computer as an administrator to install an application client, citrix client, on a users computer. The installation went successfully and worked fine on the administrator account, however, when the user try to login in to the computer the computer goes black screen after welcome message and stay black until it gets shutdown manually. Nothing works in this state of black screen, ctrl+alt+del etc doesn't work, although the mouse cursor is visible and movable - thats it.
1. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM / HP probook.
2. The user has administrator privilieges.
3. The user can login in safe mode, but a restore to a previous restore point didn't work.
4. sfc /scannow completes without any errors.
5. Windows update doesn't work in users safe mode with network. Shouldn't it supposed to be working?
6. Tried Prevx fix for black screen / explorer not running.
7. User is on company AD domain so i need the user account to be working again.
8. Disabling all startup programs doesn't help.
9. Administrator account works fine with normal login / drivers loaded etc.
Any suggestions on how to either fix the problem or get the user account to work again?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: User get black screen when trying to login|
|Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears||BSOD Help and Support|
|Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|Remove user login icons from login screen?||General Discussion|
|Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!||BSOD Help and Support|