|09 Aug 2011||#1|
| || |
Random restarts & crashes
First, let me tell you the story... Last year my pc started bsod-ing, and I didn't found the issue, all I was doing then is chaning the cpu maximal speed to 99% for 100% in power options (control panel)...And it worked quite well, maybe a random bsod happened every month...
Now, a while ago it started to bsod and just randomly restart so frequently, and I decided to clean out the dust of everything, and reinstall my OS (win 7)...Here came the big problem...Or more problems at once... but all at installing...
- When clicked "format" in the Windows 7 setup, the pc just freezed 95% of times.
- If I was able to format it, then if freezed or just restarted when it was copying the files from windows dvd...(randomly, sometimes at just around 10%, sometimes around 90% or over... I was once able to install it comletely, but it always restarted when entered the OS after a few minutes....)
- Restart while doing "Completing installation"
- Restart while loading up windows 7 (when I somehow installed it...and after the first restart happened, since then it always restarts when loading up)
- And now, the latest problem occuring... When I enter into the windows 7 setup, it doesn't show my hard drive with the old hdd, and shows 0MB with the new hdd i just bought (brand new WD)
All i tried so far:
- Replacing both RAMs with friends RAMs
- Bought new HDD (It's 100% that the HDD is OK)
- Bought new Mainboard
- Tried with another graphic card
- Tried with another power supply , which is 400W (mine is 450W blueberry)...Many people said i should buy a new 500W one because it's not enough for my configuration....but hey, it worked well over a year with the 450W one I had and still have...Could it be?
- Replaced the SATA cable for hdd
What should be the next thing I should try?
P.S: Windows 7 DVD works 100%, installed it on many PCs already and nobody had any trouble since then...Tried with Win XP as well...it stopped when copying files from disc....
Any help is appreciated!
|My System Specs|
|09 Aug 2011||#2|
| || |
Take your HDD and insert it in another PC but disconnect any other HDDs
Using the other PC install Windows on your HDD but do not restart when the setup asks you to do so(shown below) but just turn off that PC and put back the HDD in your computer, the setup process will continue on your PC when you power on your system
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Random restarts & crashes|
|(Seemingly) random BSOD crashes and restarts||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random Crashes and Restarts||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD and random crashes, restarts||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random crashes, restarts, BSODs help please||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random crashes, Blue Screens and restarts||BSOD Help and Support|
|Installation crashes/restarts after...||Installation & Setup|
|Random BSOD crashes and restarts||BSOD Help and Support|