Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Occuring Frequently


11 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
BSOD Occuring Frequently

System is X64

Original OS was Win 7 Home Premium OEM, but used Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Professional.

System Hardware is all original and came with PC purchased on 06/28/2010
Original OEM was on PC at time of purchase. Win 7 Professional Anytime Upgrade done on 05/19/2011

Additional Details: BSOD occurs several times a week and at random times. The most frequent occurrence is on start-up. It usually crashes once when first I first boot the system up for the day then it is usually fine. It occurs to a less frequent degree after start-up, but still happens on occasion. It also doesn't happen every day. Again, it is quite random. I don't have a pic of the actual BSOD because it flashes on and off way too quick to snap a pic.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Aug 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bortain View Post
System is X64

Original OS was Win 7 Home Premium OEM, but used Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Professional.

System Hardware is all original and came with PC purchased on 06/28/2010
Original OEM was on PC at time of purchase. Win 7 Professional Anytime Upgrade done on 05/19/2011

Additional Details: BSOD occurs several times a week and at random times. The most frequent occurrence is on start-up. It usually crashes once when first I first boot the system up for the day then it is usually fine. It occurs to a less frequent degree after start-up, but still happens on occasion. It also doesn't happen every day. Again, it is quite random. I don't have a pic of the actual BSOD because it flashes on and off way too quick to snap a pic.
Hi Bortain welcome to SF

Please follow these steps in this order,

Uninstall and clean Mcafee from your system using this tool http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Download and install MSE Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Enable windows firewall.

Download and install Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

Download the most recent software/driver for your graphic card from AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Uninstall ati software/driver,restart in safe mode,run the driver sweeper and clean any remaining ati fragments,restart.

Install the new ati software/driver.

Update DirectX.

-----------------------------
Finish with the above steps andpost back with ANY results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I made all the changes and really appreciate your help! Just some things to note:
  • I have a subscription to McAfee so I did an uninstall via the Control Panel to release the subscription before executing the MCPR.exe to clean up McAfee. I then did a clean reinstall on McAfee.
  • I did the uninstall on the ATI driver and then did the Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode. It would not let me reinstall the ATI driver in safe mode (I tried three times and each time an error occurred in the installation). I did another sweep to remove the partial install and went to Normal Mode on Windows, it installed fine there. The driver was definitely gone before I installed as Windows Normal Mode was in VGA. After rebooting, I got my proper display back.
Since the BSOD problem occurs randomly, I will give it a week and if there are no further issues then I will mark this issue Solved. Thanks again for your help! One way or the other I'll let you know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Aug 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bortain View Post
I made all the changes and really appreciate your help! Just some things to note:
  • I have a subscription to McAfee so I did an uninstall via the Control Panel to release the subscription before executing the MCPR.exe to clean up McAfee. I then did a clean reinstall on McAfee.
  • I did the uninstall on the ATI driver and then did the Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode. It would not let me reinstall the ATI driver in safe mode (I tried three times and each time an error occurred in the installation). I did another sweep to remove the partial install and went to Normal Mode on Windows, it installed fine there. The driver was definitely gone before I installed as Windows Normal Mode was in VGA. After rebooting, I got my proper display back.
Since the BSOD problem occurs randomly, I will give it a week and if there are no further issues then I will mark this issue Solved. Thanks again for your help! One way or the other I'll let you know.
For that>--> "Uninstall ati software/driver,restart in safe mode,run the driver sweeper and clean any remaining ati fragments,restart."IN NORMAL MODE"

You cannot install it in safe mode.

Install the new ati software/driver.

Well the important is that you finish with the above steps.

As for mcafee is a good idea to stay a few days without it,to see and test.

Uninstall and clean Mcafee from your system using this tool http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Why? because Mcafee in many cases causes bsod.

Ok work,play as usual and please remember to post back with ANY results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Everything seems okay now. If I have anymore problems I will let you know. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bortain View Post
Everything seems okay now. If I have anymore problems I will let you know. Thanks!
Your welcome!

My pleasure to help!

You are always welcome to post back
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Occuring Frequently




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Occuring Frequently
Thread Forum
BSOD occuring frequently BSOD Help and Support
Solved Frequently Occuring BSOD :@ BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Frequently Occuring BSOD Help and Support
Dell 960 BSOD occuring frequently BSOD Help and Support
Re-Occuring BSOD's BSOD Help and Support
Frequently occuring BSoD's BSOD Help and Support
BSOD occuring frequently BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33