Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown

15 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Yep, same as everyone else. It shuts down at random times when in sleep mode.
I've attached the necessary files. Hope you can help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF8A00ACB3608
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88001162039
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081511-21403-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55598-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


If the zip files are too big, please direct me to instructions on how to fix it.
Thank you for your time!!
---Dan


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dharmadan View Post
Yep, same as everyone else. It shuts down at random times when in sleep mode.
I've attached the necessary files. Hope you can help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF8A00ACB3608
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88001162039
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081511-21403-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55598-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


If the zip files are too big, please direct me to instructions on how to fix it.
Thank you for your time!!
---Dan
Three distinct trends. First 14 crashes were caused by hardware (untill 8/13/2011), then they change to Dell OEM Accelerometer driver (fltmgr.sys), then to USBPORT.SYS

So what changes did you make on those days?


I would run a system file check to verify your system files

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Some changes

Thanks for the quick reply!!
First, this was happening often, usually overnight.
My daughter's e-mail was hacked, and I was advised to check for spyware. I downloaded Spyware Teminator (on download.com's rating), it found several errors, but the registry could not be fixed, so I downloaded Wise Registry Cleaner (again, on download.com's rating). After that this problem started happening whenever it went to sleep mode.

The scan did not find any integrity violations.

---Dan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Aug 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dharmadan View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!!
First, this was happening often, usually overnight.
My daughter's e-mail was hacked, and I was advised to check for spyware. I downloaded Spyware Teminator (on download.com's rating), it found several errors, but the registry could not be fixed, so I downloaded Wise Registry Cleaner (again, on download.com's rating). After that this problem started happening whenever it went to sleep mode.

The scan did not find any integrity violations.

---Dan
We dont recommend registry cleaners specifically for this reason. Win 7 doesnt usually need it.

If you are at all concerned about spyware either now or in the future, Malwarebytes is the standard.

RE: you current problem. I am unsure of what changes were made to registry, so a repair install may be necessary but can you run this from cmd?

Powercfg -A and report back whcih sleep states are supported
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Sleep states report

The following sleepstates are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hybernate Hybrid Sleep
The following sleepstates are not available on this system:
Standby ( S1 )
The system firmware does not support this sleepstate
Standby ( S2 )
The system firmware does not support this sleepstate


I will uninstall Spyware and Registry Cleaner...then check back for your response. Thank you!

---Dan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dharmadan View Post
The following sleepstates are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hybernate Hybrid Sleep
The following sleepstates are not available on this system:
Standby ( S1 )
The system firmware does not support this sleepstate
Standby ( S2 )
The system firmware does not support this sleepstate


I will uninstall Spyware and Registry Cleaner...then check back for your response. Thank you!

---Dan

Dan what is the date on your BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2011   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

9/30/2009
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dharmadan View Post
9/30/2009
Fairly old is there a newer version?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Um...from my searches this seems like something I should not be doing (unless I know what I'm doing...which I don't!). It seems that the problem with "Windows has recovered from an...." has disappeared for whatever reason. I did uninstall the Anit Spyware and Registry Cleaner and installed Malwarebytes....so far no problems.
When would I need to look into updating the BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2011   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dharmadan View Post
Um...from my searches this seems like something I should not be doing (unless I know what I'm doing...which I don't!). It seems that the problem with "Windows has recovered from an...." has disappeared for whatever reason. I did uninstall the Anit Spyware and Registry Cleaner and installed Malwarebytes....so far no problems.
When would I need to look into updating the BIOS?

NOW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown
Thread Forum
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BSOD Help and Support
Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown BSOD Help and Support
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown again BSOD Help and Support
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BSOD Help and Support
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BSOD Help and Support
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BSOD Help and Support
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33