Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD irql not less or equal

22 Aug 2011   #11
speedlever

Windows 7 x64 home premium
 
 

Rats. Ran for 6+ hours and then kablooie. BSOD.. the IRQL not less or equal type. Thank goodness for the session recovery in FireFox6.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Aug 2011   #12
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

You have a silicon labs usb express driver that is not compatible with win 7. I can point you to the right site but it might take a little doing to find the right one.
Technical Support - Mixed-Signal ICs

Are you using any kind of Garmin GPS?

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2011   #13
speedlever

Windows 7 x64 home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
You have a silicon labs usb express driver that is not compatible with win 7. I can point you to the right site but it might take a little doing to find the right one.
Technical Support - Mixed-Signal ICs

Are you using any kind of Garmin GPS?

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Yes. I have a Nuvi 1690, a Garmin Forerunner 405 (which uses Garmin ANT agent and USB stick), and a Garmin Edge 305.

Are you tying the silicon labs usb driver to Garmin or are they not related?

Lemme see what the sfc/scannow command produces.

No further BSOD's in the last 11 hours. Yet.

Edit: here are the results:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Aug 2011   #14
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote:
Are you tying the silicon labs usb driver to Garmin or are they not related?
They are not related but the garmin software isn't Windows 7 compatible and is known to cause issues
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2011   #15
speedlever

Windows 7 x64 home premium
 
 

Shucks. The Garmin stuff is in (more or less) frequent use. I suppose I should be glad that it doesn't cause any more problems than I experience.

No more BSODs in the last 14 hours.

I have no idea what to do about that USB driver you mentioned. Have we done all we can do? Shall I terminate the verifier program?

Edit: is there any particular Garmin software at fault or are you speaking of all Garmin software in regards to Win7/64?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #16
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Shucks. The Garmin stuff is in (more or less) frequent use. I suppose I should be glad that it doesn't cause any more problems than I experience.

No more BSODs in the last 14 hours.

I have no idea what to do about that USB driver you mentioned. Have we done all we can do? Shall I terminate the verifier program?

Edit: is there any particular Garmin software at fault or are you speaking of all Garmin software in regards to Win7/64?
Yes terminate the verifier
From what I've seen these Garmin software use old drivers, in fact the Garmin software are not old but the driver they use are obsolete. These were never Windows 7 Certified
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #17
speedlever

Windows 7 x64 home premium
 
 

Thanks.

Can you give me the filespecs on the silicon labs usb express driver in question? I'm not sure what to even look for.

Edit: nevermind. This looks like it/them and mostly seem related to Garmin's ANT agent.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Aug 2011   #18
speedlever

Windows 7 x64 home premium
 
 

Regarding the Silicon Labs usb driver mentioned above, has anyone here had any luck using something like DriverMax with Win7/64 to find and repair driver issues?

I discovered this over at Gizmo's freebie site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2011   #19
speedlever

Windows 7 x64 home premium
 
 

Thinking that some of my issues may be related, I thought I'd post the results of a memtest86 run I just ran. I haven't noticed any BSOD instances for a while now, but I am getting random hangs when running Firefox or Chrome and I see cpu activity around 50%. After 15-20 seconds, the system picks up and continues. But only that app that I'm running hangs. I can open up other apps.

I decided to run the Windows7 memory diagnostics test. It told me I have a hardware issue, but is not very specific. So I d/l a copy of memtest86 v 4.2 and burned it to a CD... ran the test for 30 minutes or so and it confirms I have a memory issue.

I have two sticks of 2GB ram and 2 sticks of 1GB ram for 6 GB (6144Mb) total. How do I interpret this pic to find the faulty memory module?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2011   #20
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Thinking that some of my issues may be related, I thought I'd post the results of a memtest86 run I just ran. I haven't noticed any BSOD instances for a while now, but I am getting random hangs when running Firefox or Chrome and I see cpu activity around 50%. After 15-20 seconds, the system picks up and continues. But only that app that I'm running hangs. I can open up other apps.

I decided to run the Windows7 memory diagnostics test. It told me I have a hardware issue, but is not very specific. So I d/l a copy of memtest86 v 4.2 and burned it to a CD... ran the test for 30 minutes or so and it confirms I have a memory issue.

I have two sticks of 2GB ram and 2 sticks of 1GB ram for 6 GB (6144Mb) total. How do I interpret this pic to find the faulty memory module?

Yes, this RAM is defective and should be replaced
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD irql not less or equal




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
IRQL Less than or not equal BSOD
Hello, I have just gotten this error since I last restarted my computer. SF tool dump is attached. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD IRQL Not Less Than or Equal
Original and current OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM Age of system - About 3 months, but just installed 16GB RAM Age of OS - Never reinstalled, but repaired once Dump files and system health attached in rar. Computer BSODs randomly, doesn't matter if I'm playing TF2 or just...
BSOD Help and Support
IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD
Hello there Seven Forum. Since May I have been having problem with system crashes landing me on a BSOD and now I have the time to look further into it. If I run a torrent client my computer will crash after anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. I have tried several clients and the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD irql not less or equal please help
My PC is suffering from BSOD IRQL not less or equal. The first time i get this BSOD, i was mounting an image to deamon tools. From than i can only access my pc via Safe mode. while i was in safe mode, i deleted deamon tools and delete the image file that i was trying to mount. and here is my...
BSOD Help and Support
Irql not less or equal bsod
Just had a buddy build a new rig for me and am getting a BSOD that is really bothering me as almost everything I have is brand new. Im running windows 7 ultimate 64. Did ram test with several different programs and all passed, any other help is greatly appreciated. Dump and PERFMON attached.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App