Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Error and Issues with System Health Report

21 Aug 2011   #1
Worsin

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 
BSOD Error and Issues with System Health Report

I am having periodic BSODs all of a sudden. I have attempted to debug the problem and have downloaded new MB and Video Card Drivers but all that seems to have changed is some info in the dump file.

Second issue is in gathering the information to post here.

I am experiencing problems with getting step 3 done with the Resource and Performance Monitor. When i run it i get...

Code:
The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out.
A solution i read online was to boot up with no services running so i did so and the outcome was...

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.
Attached is a zip of the information i was able to retrieve.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Aug 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
I am having periodic BSODs all of a sudden. I have attempted to debug the problem and have downloaded new MB and Video Card Drivers but all that seems to have changed is some info in the dump file.

Second issue is in gathering the information to post here.

I am experiencing problems with getting step 3 done with the Resource and Performance Monitor. When i run it i get...

Code:
The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out.
A solution i read online was to boot up with no services running so i did so and the outcome was...

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.
Attached is a zip of the information i was able to retrieve.

Before we can ascertain the true cause you need to:


1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-Update to SP-1. Run the update readiness tool then update.


* Download > Install > Run the System Update Readiness Tool

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32bit option for your system)

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

links courtesy jmh
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2011   #3
Worsin

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
I am having periodic BSODs all of a sudden. I have attempted to debug the problem and have downloaded new MB and Video Card Drivers but all that seems to have changed is some info in the dump file.

Second issue is in gathering the information to post here.

I am experiencing problems with getting step 3 done with the Resource and Performance Monitor. When i run it i get...

Code:
The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out.
A solution i read online was to boot up with no services running so i did so and the outcome was...

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.
Attached is a zip of the information i was able to retrieve.

Before we can ascertain the true cause you need to:


1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-Update to SP-1. Run the update readiness tool then update.


* Download > Install > Run the System Update Readiness Tool

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32bit option for your system)

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

links courtesy jmh
I followed your instructions and did both steps 1 and 2 successfully, it did not allow me to complete the System Health Report but i have attached a new dump file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Aug 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
I am having periodic BSODs all of a sudden. I have attempted to debug the problem and have downloaded new MB and Video Card Drivers but all that seems to have changed is some info in the dump file.

Second issue is in gathering the information to post here.

I am experiencing problems with getting step 3 done with the Resource and Performance Monitor. When i run it i get...

Code:
The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out.
A solution i read online was to boot up with no services running so i did so and the outcome was...

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.
Attached is a zip of the information i was able to retrieve.

Before we can ascertain the true cause you need to:


1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-Update to SP-1. Run the update readiness tool then update.


* Download > Install > Run the System Update Readiness Tool

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32bit option for your system)

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

links courtesy jmh
I followed your instructions and did both steps 1 and 2 successfully, it did not allow me to complete the System Health Report but i have attached a new dump file.
No, actually you havent. ASACPI.SYS is still from 2005 (see snip) and the newest crash does not have SP-1 applied.

Are you having trouble with those two steps?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #5
Worsin

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Before we can ascertain the true cause you need to:


1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-Update to SP-1. Run the update readiness tool then update.


* Download > Install > Run the System Update Readiness Tool

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32bit option for your system)

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

links courtesy jmh
I followed your instructions and did both steps 1 and 2 successfully, it did not allow me to complete the System Health Report but i have attached a new dump file.
No, actually you havent. ASACPI.SYS is still from 2005 (see snip) and the newest crash does not have SP-1 applied.

Are you having trouble with those two steps?
Sorry about that i thought i had upgraded it all. I have done so now and visually verified that C:\Windows\System32\drivers contained the correct date file.

I am still having the BSODs and i cannot run the health check still. get same error when it goes to generate the report.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #6
Worsin

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Worsin View Post

I followed your instructions and did both steps 1 and 2 successfully, it did not allow me to complete the System Health Report but i have attached a new dump file.
No, actually you havent. ASACPI.SYS is still from 2005 (see snip) and the newest crash does not have SP-1 applied.

Are you having trouble with those two steps?
Sorry about that i thought i had upgraded it all. I have done so now and visually verified that C:\Windows\System32\drivers contained the correct date file.

I am still having the BSODs and i cannot run the health check still. get same error when it goes to generate the report.
I still need help here!!

Been several days now, since then i completely reinstalled the OS and all the drivers from their prospective websites and i still get BSODs.

I also still cannot complete the Windows System Health Report. I get the same error as i have since the start.

Desparate for help, thanks in advance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Error and Issues with System Health Report




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Kernel-Event Tracing error/System Health Report
I'm setting up a new machine purchased on 1/7. (not sure which specs might be helpful -- W7 Home Premium 64bit SP1/Intel i7-2600K/16GB ram/2 2TB 5400 RPM HD (RAID 0)/64GB SSD/2 AMD Radeon HD 6790 Crossfire) I've noticed the following errors in the EV each time the computer's rebooted: ...
Performance & Maintenance
Time-out error generating system health report tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/style_images/bc/spacer.gif Hi, After upgrading from vista to windows 7 i tried to generate a system health report. now , i never had problems with this before, i ran the windows scannow in cmd...
Performance & Maintenance
Generate system health report error?
Hi,Just ran this test and i get an error on "hardware device and drivers check". Is this something to worry about?laptop seems to be running fine. Thanks in advance for any help. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8026/7175694583_76cfc18090_z.jpg
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD - BCcode d1, system health report and NT6_BSOD files attached
My HP Pavilion dv7 is a little over a year old. Original OS was OES, but I had to reinstall it a few months ago and it was fine for a while. Now BSoD is back again, almost daily. Complete computer info was provided when I registered for this forum, but I'd be happy to provide it again. ...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD... Help please (BSOD dump & system health report attached)
Hello. I am experiencing some random BSODs. It happens no matter what program is running. It could be in a game, surfing the internet, or listening to music. It is very random. Happens about once every two days on average. Some days are worse. I have tried running driver verifier, but it would...
BSOD Help and Support
System health report
I generated a system health report and notice in the basic system checks in the hardware device and driver check the result is failed. I have updated my bios to the latest and installed all of the drivers available from hp for my system for windows 7 64 bit. Anything I should be concerned about?...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App