Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD during sleep mode

26 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 
BSOD during sleep mode

Hello I've having problems with BSOD after my computer goes to sleep mode. I haven't had a chance to check it out until now, so there are quite a bit of minidump files that have been accumulated.

My computer is about 6 years old. All I've done so far is update drivers for my graphic and sound card, but the BSOD still persists during sleep mode. I'm not too sure what I can do to fix these errors, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My system spec is:
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Service Pack 1 Full Retail
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5LD2-VM
1 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Realtek High Definition Audio

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Aug 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gettabeamu View Post
Hello I've having problems with BSOD after my computer goes to sleep mode. I haven't had a chance to check it out until now, so there are quite a bit of minidump files that have been accumulated.

My computer is about 6 years old. All I've done so far is update drivers for my graphic and sound card, but the BSOD still persists during sleep mode. I'm not too sure what I can do to fix these errors, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My system spec is:
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Service Pack 1 Full Retail
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5LD2-VM
1 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Realtek High Definition Audio
Several problems that need addressing even before we can start to find the true cause



1-ASACPI.SYS


The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause. Yours is 2004

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).



2-SPTD.SYS


This is another large cause used by daemon tools and alcohol120

Remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.
They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done:DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Aug 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Hi zigzag3143,

Thanks for helping me out. I've updated the driver ASACPI.SYS and checked that the file is dated 2009 instead 2005. I also followed your step uninstalling Daemon tool and sptd.sys.

What would you suggest I do next?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Aug 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gettabeamu View Post
Hi zigzag3143,

Thanks for helping me out. I've updated the driver ASACPI.SYS and checked that the file is dated 2009 instead 2005. I also followed your step uninstalling Daemon tool and sptd.sys.

What would you suggest I do next?

Thanks

Wait and see if you still have the problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
 
 

Yes the BSOD problem is still there when I go to sleep mode, although it seems to be for the first time caused by usbhub.sys. I've attached the minidump, thanks again for the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gettabeamu View Post
Yes the BSOD problem is still there when I go to sleep mode, although it seems to be for the first time caused by usbhub.sys. I've attached the minidump, thanks again for the help.

Memory exception caused by your USBHUB.SYS


Since it involves memory and a device lets run these two tests




1-Memtest.


*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier


Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD during sleep mode





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD during sleep mode
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD after sleep mode BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after sleep mode BSOD Help and Support
BSOD from sleep mode BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after sleep mode BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during sleep mode BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during sleep mode BSOD Help and Support
BSOD in sleep mode BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33