Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD HELP! No idea what to do!

08 Sep 2011   #31
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

slight problem, (kinda) , my friend let me borrow his video card, geforce 9800 gso 712 mb and iv been stable all day and even on games and multiple start ups, i think my video card is bad does this narrow down my card problem any? and remember my card crashed with newest nvida drivers, and this one is on them.....
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
ok let us know the results....



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Sep 2011   #32
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

sorry got my hopes, up just crashed 2 times, now i got to write down my bsod's sorry to think that it was something else, il reply soon after i do that thang in IE
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
slight problem, (kinda) , my friend let me borrow his video card, geforce 9800 gso 712 mb and iv been stable all day and even on games and multiple start ups, i think my video card is bad does this narrow down my card problem any? and remember my card crashed with newest nvida drivers, and this one is on them.....
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
ok let us know the results....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2011   #33
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

hey again new bsod and 2 minidumps, and do you need to run that analyzer again? and heres the dumps and this iw what my bsod said! CRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 9617ABAA base at 96177000, Date stamp 4ce79c09. EQUAL: 0x00000001: 0x00300030, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x9617ABAA I hope this helps :/
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
sorry got my hopes, up just crashed 2 times, now i got to write down my bsod's sorry to think that it was something else, il reply soon after i do that thang in IE
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
slight problem, (kinda) , my friend let me borrow his video card, geforce 9800 gso 712 mb and iv been stable all day and even on games and multiple start ups, i think my video card is bad does this narrow down my card problem any? and remember my card crashed with newest nvida drivers, and this one is on them.....
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
ok let us know the results....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Sep 2011   #34
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

hello again, im think and think m going to, should i install windows xp to see if its windows 7 conflicting, not my card or stupid things, would u recommend this at all?? someone told me and i though id give it a shot, please reply asap
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
hey again new bsod and 2 minidumps, and do you need to run that analyzer again? and heres the dumps and this iw what my bsod said! CRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 9617ABAA base at 96177000, Date stamp 4ce79c09. EQUAL: 0x00000001: 0x00300030, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x9617ABAA I hope this helps :/
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
sorry got my hopes, up just crashed 2 times, now i got to write down my bsod's sorry to think that it was something else, il reply soon after i do that thang in IE
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
slight problem, (kinda) , my friend let me borrow his video card, geforce 9800 gso 712 mb and iv been stable all day and even on games and multiple start ups, i think my video card is bad does this narrow down my card problem any? and remember my card crashed with newest nvida drivers, and this one is on them.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2011   #35
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
hey again new bsod and 2 minidumps, and do you need to run that analyzer again? and heres the dumps and this iw what my bsod said! CRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 9617ABAA base at 96177000, Date stamp 4ce79c09. EQUAL: 0x00000001: 0x00300030, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x9617ABAA I hope this helps :/
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
sorry got my hopes, up just crashed 2 times, now i got to write down my bsod's sorry to think that it was something else, il reply soon after i do that thang in IE
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
slight problem, (kinda) , my friend let me borrow his video card, geforce 9800 gso 712 mb and iv been stable all day and even on games and multiple start ups, i think my video card is bad does this narrow down my card problem any? and remember my card crashed with newest nvida drivers, and this one is on them.....

This rar is only 73 bytes, there is nothing in there but a dir. Please try again...

As for xp, sure, if you're comfortable with that and have backups of your data, go ahead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2011   #36
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

sorry but dumps there they are and will xp maybe make a difference or is there no chance or is it just a real long longshot?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
hey again new bsod and 2 minidumps, and do you need to run that analyzer again? and heres the dumps and this iw what my bsod said! CRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 9617ABAA base at 96177000, Date stamp 4ce79c09. EQUAL: 0x00000001: 0x00300030, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x9617ABAA I hope this helps :/
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caget1 View Post
sorry got my hopes, up just crashed 2 times, now i got to write down my bsod's sorry to think that it was something else, il reply soon after i do that thang in IE

This rar is only 73 bytes, there is nothing in there but a dir. Please try again...

As for xp, sure, if you're comfortable with that and have backups of your data, go ahead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #37
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

There is one more thing to try. You have a very old driver that should not be needed in W7:

HTML Code:
giveio.sys   Thu Apr 04 04:33:25 1996 (316334F5)
If you know what software you use that this came with, delete that software. If you don't, rename it to giveio.bak and reboot, see if any program you use, breaks.

Post back please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #38
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

wellll, 1 i did xp, and it sucks arse so ima go back to 7 and idk what thats from, where is it located.? i got a few bsod on xp so ik it wanst 7 that was screwing me over, so yeah i will reply soo with 7 on this system!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
There is one more thing to try. You have a very old driver that should not be needed in W7:

HTML Code:
giveio.sys   Thu Apr 04 04:33:25 1996 (316334F5)
If you know what software you use that this came with, delete that software. If you don't, rename it to giveio.bak and reboot, see if any program you use, breaks.

Post back please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #39
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

OK... it's become a long thread and though I always assume OP's follow all earlier advice given... in this case I forgot to check that.

If you did a clean install of XP and that crashes too... it must be a hardware/bios problem.
Please do the 6-7 passes (= 6-7 HOURS) of memtest86+ as suggested earlier by ZigZag.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #40
caget1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

new bsod new instal and up[dated everyting heres dump and im going to run that thing and reply with it asap I HATE MY PC!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
OK... it's become a long thread and though I always assume OP's follow all earlier advice given... in this case I forgot to check that.

If you did a clean install of XP and that crashes too... it must be a hardware/bios problem.
Please do the 6-7 passes (= 6-7 HOURS) of memtest86+ as suggested earlier by ZigZag.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD HELP! No idea what to do!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Constant BSOD, No idea why..
Randomly when i am either searching the web or playing video games, my computer decides to "restart", once it restarts and loads back up it "Restarts" again and again and again. I've purchased the program "TweakBit Driver Updater" because it was suggested somewhere and updated around 9 drivers....
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, have no idea!
Hello guys, First of all i would like to say that I am new on these forums and consider myself a newbie. I have followed the instructions from option one about bsod posting and came up with this rar. About the bsod's. I have a quite new installed windows 7 home premium version, and I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Have no idea what's causing it
I'm usually pretty good at fixing stuff but I have no idea what's causing this BSOD. I used to have a dell xps on windows 7 and it never happened on that one, this is an ASUS with Super Hybrid Technology that's the only thing I can think that's causing the issue Problem signature: Problem...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD help! No Idea what is the cause.
I recently had bsod's this week. If Im playing bf3 plus watch youtube videos = Boom there you go bsod. That's all I know. Please I need some help here guys. Thank you in advance. I will attach my minidump file. PC specs: Amd phenomII x4 955 @4.1ghz with a70 Amd HD 6950 2gb (2) in xf mode...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on a new system, ran out of idea's
Hello all, Since 5 day's I'm the happy (at least till 4 hours ago) owner of a new Gaming computer. This morning there were no indications for problems, however after returning from work, I booted my computer again and after 5-10 min of browsing I experienced my first BSOD! :( Since then I've...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - no idea why
Hi! Ive got BSOD the last weeks now and now im getting really tired of it. Sometimes I can use the computer for a couple of hours atleast, but mostly its only usable around 1-10 min before the bluescreen pops up again. Ive attached a "BSOD Dump & System File Collection" report. Couldnt do the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App