Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing WoW - happens occasionally

28 Jan 2012   #21
Deception

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Anyone? Guys I really need some help. BSOD just occurred again: 3 and counting...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jan 2012   #22
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Your new crashes are no longer related to your original crashes since you changed out some hardware. I would suggest starting a new thread to get the new problems resolved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2012   #23
Deception

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I was told to not start a new thread according to the rules on this site/forum. Soo how bout I get some help.. lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jan 2012   #24
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deception View Post
I was told to not start a new thread according to the rules on this site/forum. Soo how bout I get some help.. lol
We'll do our best. Part of why I suggested a new thread is those who were helping may no longer be subscribed to this thread and may not have noticed you posted. Since it is a longer thread, it may also be missed by people thinking it already received help. I just happened on it by chance last night when I was going through each new thread.

If no one gets back to you who had been helping previously, I will read through the thread and analyze all your files and get back to you later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Tried to take a look at your logs, and you did not include the crash report, just the executable for generating it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2012   #25
Deception

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deception View Post
I was told to not start a new thread according to the rules on this site/forum. Soo how bout I get some help.. lol
We'll do our best. Part of why I suggested a new thread is those who were helping may no longer be subscribed to this thread and may not have noticed you posted. Since it is a longer thread, it may also be missed by people thinking it already received help. I just happened on it by chance last night when I was going through each new thread.

If no one gets back to you who had been helping previously, I will read through the thread and analyze all your files and get back to you later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Tried to take a look at your logs, and you did not include the crash report, just the executable for generating it.
I can't figure out where it throws my file/folder when I do the executable. :|
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2012   #26
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

It should put it in the same folder the executable is saved in. You should save the executable in your documents folder so it generates the crash files in the documents folder with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #27
Deception

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Here are the files.. hopefully someone can help out!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #28
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [F:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\Deception\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\013012-10124-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c01000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e46670
Debug session time: Mon Jan 30 18:09:48.025 2012 (GMT-7)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:56:50.820
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
..................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
.....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff880032a07b0, 0, fffff8800482fbf0, 0}


Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced.  This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe.  Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff880032a07b0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8800482fbf0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
	address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------


Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002eb0100
 fffff880032a07b0 

FAULTING_IP: 
dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430
fffff880`0482fbf0 44846920        test    byte ptr [rcx+20h],r13b

MM_INTERNAL_CODE:  0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x50

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

TRAP_FRAME:  fffff88006bd8830 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006bd8830)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa8007de6b00 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff880032a0790
rdx=fffff8a00f1391f0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800482fbf0 rsp=fffff88006bd89c0 rbp=fffffa8008196000
 r8=0000000000000000  r9=fffff88006bd8b10 r10=fffff8a00cdfeff0
r11=fffff88005305a08 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz na po nc
dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+0x430:
fffff880`0482fbf0 44846920        test    byte ptr [rcx+20h],r13b ds:0003:fffff880`032a07b0=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002c299fc to fffff80002c7dc40

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`06bd86c8 fffff800`02c299fc : 00000000`00000050 fffff880`032a07b0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06bd8830 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06bd86d0 fffff800`02c7bd6e : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`032a07b0 fffffa80`0817e000 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4611f
fffff880`06bd8830 fffff880`0482fbf0 : 00000000`00080000 fffff8a0`0f1391f0 fffffa80`07dff820 00000098`00000098 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`06bd89c0 fffff880`0482025d : fffffa80`07de69c0 fffff8a0`0f1391f0 fffffa80`096a1800 fffffa80`08196000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+0x430
fffff880`06bd8b30 fffff880`0481b358 : fffffa80`09298a70 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06bd8ca0 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ProcessDeferredCommand+0x96d
fffff880`06bd8c50 fffff880`0483916d : fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`080f2410 00000000`6d4d6956 fffff880`00000174 : dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessTerminationCommand+0x4c
fffff880`06bd8ca0 fffff880`048383f8 : fffff800`00b96080 fffffa80`095128e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`080f2410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitDeviceCommand+0x39
fffff880`06bd8cd0 fffff880`04837e96 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`095128e0 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`080f2410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0xb0
fffff880`06bd8d00 fffff800`02f18fee : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`07de6b60 fffffa80`06a06040 fffffa80`07de6b60 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xd6
fffff880`06bd8d40 fffff800`02c6f5e6 : fffff800`02df3e80 fffffa80`07de6b60 fffff800`02e01cc0 fffff880`01232384 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06bd8d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430
fffff880`0482fbf0 44846920        test    byte ptr [rcx+20h],r13b

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  3

SYMBOL_NAME:  dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1

IMAGE_NAME:  dxgmms1.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4ce799c1

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x50_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x50_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Your crash was DirectX/Graphics card related. Other possible causes are Memory problems... Graphics card memory problems... BIOS... Corrupted hard disk file system... Corrupted System Files... Missing Windows Updates... Drivers...

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
  1. Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
  2. Click Start Menu
  3. Right Click My Computer/Computer
  4. Click Manage
  5. Click Device Manager from the list on the left
  6. Expand Display adapters
  7. Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)
    • Right click the adapter
    • Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
    • Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
  8. Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
  9. Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

Alternatively:
  1. Login as an adminstrative user
  2. Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
  3. Click Start Menu
  4. Click Control Panel
  5. Click Hardware and Sound
  6. Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
  7. Expand Display adapters
  8. Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)
    • Right click the adapter
    • Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
    • Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
  9. Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
  10. Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deception View Post
I do know that I only have a 600watt Power Supply and when most people have this GPU.. they run with like 850w and what not. Let me know if there is a way to test this and figure this out because honestly it might be the issue. It also might NOT be soooo help me figure this out people so I know if I need to return this card or not! Got 60days usually.
550 Watt or greater power supply. You are pushing the limits here a little. 750W would probably be better.

Try these steps to test the graphics card and what it can handle and what your computer can handle.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #29
Deception

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [F:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\Deception\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\013012-10124-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c01000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e46670
Debug session time: Mon Jan 30 18:09:48.025 2012 (GMT-7)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:56:50.820
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
..................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
.....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff880032a07b0, 0, fffff8800482fbf0, 0}


Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced.  This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe.  Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff880032a07b0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8800482fbf0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
	address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------


Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002eb0100
 fffff880032a07b0 

FAULTING_IP: 
dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430
fffff880`0482fbf0 44846920        test    byte ptr [rcx+20h],r13b

MM_INTERNAL_CODE:  0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x50

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

TRAP_FRAME:  fffff88006bd8830 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006bd8830)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa8007de6b00 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff880032a0790
rdx=fffff8a00f1391f0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800482fbf0 rsp=fffff88006bd89c0 rbp=fffffa8008196000
 r8=0000000000000000  r9=fffff88006bd8b10 r10=fffff8a00cdfeff0
r11=fffff88005305a08 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz na po nc
dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+0x430:
fffff880`0482fbf0 44846920        test    byte ptr [rcx+20h],r13b ds:0003:fffff880`032a07b0=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002c299fc to fffff80002c7dc40

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`06bd86c8 fffff800`02c299fc : 00000000`00000050 fffff880`032a07b0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06bd8830 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06bd86d0 fffff800`02c7bd6e : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`032a07b0 fffffa80`0817e000 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4611f
fffff880`06bd8830 fffff880`0482fbf0 : 00000000`00080000 fffff8a0`0f1391f0 fffffa80`07dff820 00000098`00000098 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`06bd89c0 fffff880`0482025d : fffffa80`07de69c0 fffff8a0`0f1391f0 fffffa80`096a1800 fffffa80`08196000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+0x430
fffff880`06bd8b30 fffff880`0481b358 : fffffa80`09298a70 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06bd8ca0 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ProcessDeferredCommand+0x96d
fffff880`06bd8c50 fffff880`0483916d : fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`080f2410 00000000`6d4d6956 fffff880`00000174 : dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessTerminationCommand+0x4c
fffff880`06bd8ca0 fffff880`048383f8 : fffff800`00b96080 fffffa80`095128e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`080f2410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitDeviceCommand+0x39
fffff880`06bd8cd0 fffff880`04837e96 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`095128e0 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`080f2410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0xb0
fffff880`06bd8d00 fffff800`02f18fee : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`07de6b60 fffffa80`06a06040 fffffa80`07de6b60 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xd6
fffff880`06bd8d40 fffff800`02c6f5e6 : fffff800`02df3e80 fffffa80`07de6b60 fffff800`02e01cc0 fffff880`01232384 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06bd8d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430
fffff880`0482fbf0 44846920        test    byte ptr [rcx+20h],r13b

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  3

SYMBOL_NAME:  dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1

IMAGE_NAME:  dxgmms1.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4ce799c1

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x50_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x50_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Your crash was DirectX/Graphics card related. Other possible causes are Memory problems... Graphics card memory problems... BIOS... Corrupted hard disk file system... Corrupted System Files... Missing Windows Updates... Drivers...

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
  1. Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
  2. Click Start Menu
  3. Right Click My Computer/Computer
  4. Click Manage
  5. Click Device Manager from the list on the left
  6. Expand Display adapters
  7. Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)
    • Right click the adapter
    • Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
    • Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
  8. Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
  9. Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

Alternatively:
  1. Login as an adminstrative user
  2. Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
  3. Click Start Menu
  4. Click Control Panel
  5. Click Hardware and Sound
  6. Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
  7. Expand Display adapters
  8. Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)
    • Right click the adapter
    • Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
    • Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
  9. Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
  10. Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts
I did all of this the other day when I was first experiencing the issue. Everything is 100% fine, nothing is wrong with DirectX.

So.. with that said I will work on running the 3 tests that you have told me to!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2012   #30
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Any results from the graphics card/hardware tests?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing WoW - happens occasionally




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing video games, startup occasionally Error 0x1a
Recently I have been getting BSODs on my computer. Most of them are from startup where they point their fingers at ntoskrnl.exe Today, one interrupted me in the middle of League of Legends, pointing at clfs.sys I've attached the the stuff the sticky page told me to, containing 4 dump files.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Neverwinter Nights 1 and occasionally with other programs
Hi, The BSOD occurs most frequently while playing NWNs 1 online, but it has occurred while running other programs. If more information is required please let me know what and how to find it to post. Thank You
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing pretty much anything, error 0x124 and occasionally 0x101
I posted before christmas with a similar problem and eventually tracked it down to a faulty GTX 760 gpu so I took it out and have been running off the one. A little while later I started getting hard reboots with no bsod whilst ingame, the odd bsod which hangs and doesnt reboot and even bsod...
BSOD Help and Support
Occasionally BOSD playing LoL
Hi. I have this computers for a few months and since when i bought it, it happens BOSC. I took it to a supporter and he said main problem was my power source, he changed it but still happens the BOSC (but used to be like every fuc*ing time, nwoadays its not always). It happens very often but...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Games & occasionally while watching streams
System Spec Asus K42jv Notebook Intel core i5 460M @2.53GHz Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium (Full Retail Installed a few months ago) 8GB of RAM (Installed a few months ago) I bought a Full Retail version of Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium to replace my Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit OEM version. The...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD occasionally when playing games
Hey guys http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3706/bluescreenerror.jpg Ive had this problem a lot with my old radeon hd 4870 1GB gfx card when playing high spec games like SC2 and Mafia 2. Sometimes my pc would just crash and BSOD. I thought it was the gfx card gone dud so i bought a new nvidia...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App