Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.

01 Sep 2011   #11
levitt

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

20k+ mellowed you out but certainly won't help your optimism.

"lets wait for the next BSOD" (you gotta feel something like this)

too funny man! (won't even mention/jinx i've had no crashes since the file repair....fingers remain crossed)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Sep 2011   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by levitt View Post
20k+ mellowed you out but certainly won't help your optimism.

"lets wait for the next BSOD" (you gotta feel something like this)

too funny man! (won't even mention/jinx i've had no crashes since the file repair....fingers remain crossed)
20K doesnt help optimism but does help job security.

I would keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2011   #13
levitt

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

i think you've done it Zigzag. has been days since i had a crash when i was having them almost daily before. i also noticed that Uniblue Reg Booster is no longer finding registry errors. i was running uniblue almost daily for a while and always finding errors that needed fixing. have not found a single registry error since we did the file scan/repair.

Asus wanted me to ship the pc in and be without it for 2-3 weeks. they also wanted to clear my 2t hard drives full of music and start over. i much prefer your method of using a 10 minute scan and repair LOL! brilliant!

my hat is off to you Zigzag. you're a real pro and i can't thank you enough!

appreciate you putting up with me

cheers
Lev
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Sep 2011   #14
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by levitt View Post
i think you've done it Zigzag. has been days since i had a crash when i was having them almost daily before. i also noticed that Uniblue Reg Booster is no longer finding registry errors. i was running uniblue almost daily for a while and always finding errors that needed fixing. have not found a single registry error since we did the file scan/repair.

Asus wanted me to ship the pc in and be without it for 2-3 weeks. they also wanted to clear my 2t hard drives full of music and start over. i much prefer your method of using a 10 minute scan and repair LOL! brilliant!

my hat is off to you Zigzag. you're a real pro and i can't thank you enough!

appreciate you putting up with me

cheers
Lev

My pleasure Lev, and it was you that actually fixed it. I just pointed you in the right direction.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2011   #15
levitt

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

ok....might have spoken a bit to soon. woke up to find my system had crashed overnight (while idle). ran uniblue reg booster and found 3 reg errors....which it fixed. went back and ran SFC/SCANNOW but this time i got the message "found errors that could not be fixed". told me to look in the CBS log for the errors...which i did...and could make no sense of lol!.

seems like i could have multipal issues because the crashes are MUCH less frequent now. one crash in 5-6 days is by far a record.....much better then before when i'd crash almost daily.

any further advise to get over the hump would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Lev
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2011   #16
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by levitt View Post
ok....might have spoken a bit to soon. woke up to find my system had crashed overnight (while idle). ran uniblue reg booster and found 3 reg errors....which it fixed. went back and ran SFC/SCANNOW but this time i got the message "found errors that could not be fixed". told me to look in the CBS log for the errors...which i did...and could make no sense of lol!.

seems like i could have multipal issues because the crashes are MUCH less frequent now. one crash in 5-6 days is by far a record.....much better then before when i'd crash almost daily.

any further advise to get over the hump would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Lev

Lev

Re-run SFC two more times and let us know the results
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #17
levitt

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

just completed 2 runs and got the same message. "found corrupt files but could not repair some of them"

brw...got another BSOD earlier today. was using the web this time when it happened.

cheers
Lev
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #18
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by levitt View Post
just completed 2 runs and got the same message. "found corrupt files but could not repair some of them"

brw...got another BSOD earlier today. was using the web this time when it happened.

cheers
Lev
Lev

It is looking like it is time for a repair install. Do you have the dvd?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #19
levitt

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

bummer....no, my windows 7 came pre-loaded. you think asus would provide one if i ask or do i need to break out my wallet?.

cheers
Lev
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #20
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by levitt View Post
bummer....no, my windows 7 came pre-loaded. you think asus would provide one if i ask or do i need to break out my wallet?.

cheers
Lev

Lev

If you can boot into safe mode (F8) there should be an option to "repair my computer". I believe (but am not sure) but that functions like the dvd.

It is always good to have a backup, and an OS dvd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSOD, Ati problem? (Memory Management)
Hello, I've been expierencing a lot of trouble with my pc. It's giving BSOD's at random moments. It seems to be caused by the ati driver, but i cant solve the problem. I've tried installing new drivers for almost everything but the problem still exists. I've attached some of the dump files. I had...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD - hardware or software problem?
Hallo everybody, I hope you can help me. I have continuos BSOD or pc freezing since two months. Dont know if it is an hardware, software or virus problem. I tried different programs and tests, but the pc still has this problem. This is a work station that run only original programs. I send the...
BSOD Help and Support
Frequent BSOD even with fresh install and hardware check...
Hi everyone, My mom's pc, that I've build, is having serious issues. The frequence of BSOD's was almost one every hours... So I've decided first to format and install Win 7 x64 ultimate, then I installed the up to date drivers (Lan, sound, chipset, gpu, webcam...) some were installed via the...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD, I suspect a hardware problem
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard running 2G Ram. Radeon HD4670 1G video card The computer has been running good until a few months ago when random BSOD's began to occur. Maybe only once a month or so, so it wasn't a major problem but something I wanted to fix. I made...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD/Auto restat pc(random times), is this a memory problem?
I tried many ways but i can't fix this problem, system always restarting at random time, i cleaned my ram stick and fan but nothing changed.. then BSOD cames up once. I look up the event viewer, in the system i found this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009c...
BSOD Help and Support
random BSOD hardware problem?
I have been having random crashes the last few days, been running fine for a few months before though. I haven't installed anything new or added any new hardware. I did open up the computer and make sure all the connections were seated and dusted it out. I ran the windows memory tester and...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App