Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Multiple BSOD per day during gaming; less during browsing

31 Aug 2011   #1

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 
Multiple BSOD per day during gaming; less during browsing

Hi all. Have had this Asus G53sw for a few months now and have had blue screen issues from the get-go. I finally got sick and tired of it and tried to track down the source. Multiple people and guides of my blue screens (via BLUE SCREEN VIEWER) suggested bad ram. So I bought some fancy new kingston stuff to no avail. Still get the blue screens. Reinstalled Windows 7 premium 64 bit and still Blue Screens. Really at my wits end here.

Asus G53sw
Intel i7-2630 @2.00 ghz
8 gig kingston 1866mhz ram
Nvidia GTX460m 1.5 gig
Windows 7 premium 64 bit

I called asus about 2 months ago to put in an RMA. The guy was a real jerk, but said that he would ship me a label and whatnot. Im still waiting on it. Horrendous customer service.


I have attached the required information. Please keep in mind that these dump files only reflect BSOD since my fresh install. The BSOD that I received before the fresh install where all similar (ntoskrnl, dgmmxl, etc) to these.


I tried to run PERFMON /REPORT but it keeps telling me it timed out... even in administrator mode.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Aug 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by azif View Post
Hi all. Have had this Asus G53sw for a few months now and have had blue screen issues from the get-go. I finally got sick and tired of it and tried to track down the source. Multiple people and guides of my blue screens (via BLUE SCREEN VIEWER) suggested bad ram. So I bought some fancy new kingston stuff to no avail. Still get the blue screens. Reinstalled Windows 7 premium 64 bit and still Blue Screens. Really at my wits end here.

Asus G53sw
Intel i7-2630 @2.00 ghz
8 gig kingston 1866mhz ram
Nvidia GTX460m 1.5 gig
Windows 7 premium 64 bit

I called asus about 2 months ago to put in an RMA. The guy was a real jerk, but said that he would ship me a label and whatnot. Im still waiting on it. Horrendous customer service.


I have attached the required information. Please keep in mind that these dump files only reflect BSOD since my fresh install. The BSOD that I received before the fresh install where all similar (ntoskrnl, dgmmxl, etc) to these.


I tried to run PERFMON /REPORT but it keeps telling me it timed out... even in administrator mode.


Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests




1-Memtest.


*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier


Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2011   #3

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

I have ran Memtest86 and verifier extensively over the past couple of months hoping that one of them would hold the answer. They don't. My memory tests fine (over multiple test) and my drivers always check out through verifier when I run it. I was hoping for an answer with some substance and not just copypasta.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Aug 2011   #4

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

Sorry if that comes as rude... English is my second language
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by azif View Post
I have ran Memtest86 and verifier extensively over the past couple of months hoping that one of them would hold the answer. They don't. My memory tests fine (over multiple test) and my drivers always check out through verifier when I run it. I was hoping for an answer with some substance and not just copypasta.
You have 5 causes listed. 2 before you went to SP-1 and three since. They all look suspiciously like ram but if you have run memtest for 6-8 passes with no errors I guess we have to look elsewhere.

I see no driver verifier crashes listed (must have been before the re-install) so I am unsure but if the re-install didnt fix it and RAM didnt fix it (you did run each stick seperately right?) then I suspect other hardware.

There are no smoking guns in terms of the causes. I do note a lot of Bluetooth drivers from 2010 and they may play a part.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #6

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

I went to start up my computer today and I went into a BSOD loop before getting onto windows. I can only assume it was Driver Verifier related because once I went into safe mode and "deleted existing settings" in verifier it stopped. I have included he two dump files associated with today's BSOD in the attached zip file. Hopefully this can shed some light.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by azif View Post
I went to start up my computer today and I went into a BSOD loop before getting onto windows. I can only assume it was Driver Verifier related because once I went into safe mode and "deleted existing settings" in verifier it stopped. I have included he two dump files associated with today's BSOD in the attached zip file. Hopefully this can shed some light.
None of these were driver verifier enabled. The newest one was Related to RemotelyAnywhere Made by 3am Labs Inc. This file should be found in the Program Files\RemotelyAnywhere folder. If it is found anywhere else it may be malware.

I would remove Remotely Anywhere as there are alternatives that dont crash systems. (team viewer)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2011   #8

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

still getting 3-4 of these BSOD per day. Uploading the latest to see if some light can be shed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #9

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

feed me seymour
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2011   #10

windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

bueller?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Multiple BSOD per day during gaming; less during browsing





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Multiple BSOD per day during gaming; less during browsing
Thread Forum
Multiple BSOD daily during Web Browsing and Gaming BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while browsing the web and gaming BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while gaming and web browsing BSOD Help and Support
BSOD and freezing during gaming/browsing. BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD while gaming and browsing BSOD Help and Support
BSoD 0x00000101 while gaming or browsing. BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while gaming/browsing BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33