Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64-bit
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM or full retail version? Full-retail
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Almost two months old
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) I have not re-installed it once. The oldest files date back to July 21, 2011 so I'm guessing that's when I installed it.
I have been getting blue screens for almost two months now. I have installed numerous programs to check out what's wrong and deal with the problem but those were only temporary fixes (at best). So I finally decided to upload it to Seven Forums. Attached is my BlueScreenView screenshot (I assume you guys are aware of this program) to aid in diagnosing what's wrong with my system.
I have scanned my computer with Windows Security Essentials and Malwarebytes and they have found no viruses and the like. From the look of my BlueScreenView, my C:/windows/system32/drivers
folder is full of crap. As you can see in that screenshot, ntoskrnl.exe is the most frequent cause of the blue screens I get. I delete that file and permanently remove it from my system, only to find another driver
is there to do what it does.
All of my hardware components should be up-to-date, I checked my Device Doctor before this post.
I get these error screens once, sometimes more a day. Please help, and thank you in advance.