Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD (0x0000007E) at Windows installation, out of ideas.


03 Sep 2011   #1

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD (0x0000007E) at Windows installation, out of ideas.

So I have assembled a new computer with fresh parts and when I try to install Windows 7
Prof x64 from USB or DVD, it crashes to BSOD when the Windows logo shows up.

The whole error message goes like this:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF8000DC1F5C8, 0xFFFFF880009A8508, 0xFFFFF880009A7C30)

Edit: The underlined code changes randomly after every boot to 0xFFFFF8000DCxxxC8

For now I believe its either the DDR3, Motherboard, or CPU that's causing the error.
I tested both memory sticks with Memtest and they both passed in different ports, so I don't believe they are broken, but rather have compability issues with the motherboard. I have also tested the Windows installer USB stick and DVD on different computer and they work fine, so its not a corrupted ISO that's causing this error.
I also updated BIOS to v.1.70 but obviously it didn't help.

I currently use these and only these components, because I want to eliminate possible hardware errors by installing other components such as graphics card. I did have all of them installed, and it gave the same error.

ASRock Z68 Extreme4

Intel i5 2500k

XFX 650W Pro

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Crucial M4 64GB SSD

I'm all out of ideas.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Sep 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Soutaja View Post
So I have assembled a new computer with fresh parts and when I try to install Windows 7
Prof x64 from USB or DVD, it crashes to BSOD when the Windows logo shows up.

The whole error message goes like this:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF8000DC1F5C8, 0xFFFFF880009A8508, 0xFFFFF880009A7C30)

Edit: The underlined code changes randomly after every boot to 0xFFFFF8000DCxxxC8

For now I believe its either the DDR3, Motherboard, or CPU that's causing the error.
I tested both memory sticks with Memtest and they both passed in different ports, so I don't believe they are broken, but rather have compability issues with the motherboard. I have also tested the Windows installer USB stick and DVD on different computer and they work fine, so its not a corrupted ISO that's causing this error.
I also updated BIOS to v.1.70 but obviously it didn't help.

I currently use these and only these components, because I want to eliminate possible hardware errors by installing other components such as graphics card. I did have all of them installed, and it gave the same error.

ASRock Z68 Extreme4

Intel i5 2500k

XFX 650W Pro

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Crucial M4 64GB SSD

I'm all out of ideas.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.


The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2011   #3

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 

Umm, the point is, I can't install Windows, because the installer goes to bsod before even starting properly. I don't have anything on my HDD's. Pure and clean installation is my goal.

How am I supposed to get the minidump if I cant even install Windows? Im sorry for being unclear. Don't even know if I'm in the right place
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Sep 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Soutaja View Post
Umm, the point is, I can't install Windows, because the installer goes to bsod before even starting properly. I don't have anything on my HDD's. Pure and clean installation is my goal.

How am I supposed to get the minidump if I cant even install Windows? Im sorry for being unclear. Don't even know if I'm in the right place
My apologies. I missed it. If it is a hardware issue (and it probably is) can you pull all the memory but one stick? Also remove everything but the essentials (mouse, KB, monitor)

Remove the video card if there is on board chipset.

Let us know what the result is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2011   #5

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Soutaja View Post
Umm, the point is, I can't install Windows, because the installer goes to bsod before even starting properly. I don't have anything on my HDD's. Pure and clean installation is my goal.

How am I supposed to get the minidump if I cant even install Windows? Im sorry for being unclear. Don't even know if I'm in the right place
My apologies. I missed it. If it is a hardware issue (and it probably is) can you pull all the memory but one stick? Also remove everything but the essentials (mouse, KB, monitor)

Remove the video card if there is on board chipset.

Let us know what the result is.
I have stripped the computer down from all but the essential components. I also tried the memory sticks alone and together in every port and it had no impact at all.

It gives the same error even if my SSD is unplugged so I believe it is a hardware problem as you stated. Unfortunately it's most likely that the motherboard is broken or the memory is not compatible with it, but if anyone has experienced the same problem, it would be helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Soutaja View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Soutaja View Post
Umm, the point is, I can't install Windows, because the installer goes to bsod before even starting properly. I don't have anything on my HDD's. Pure and clean installation is my goal.

How am I supposed to get the minidump if I cant even install Windows? Im sorry for being unclear. Don't even know if I'm in the right place
My apologies. I missed it. If it is a hardware issue (and it probably is) can you pull all the memory but one stick? Also remove everything but the essentials (mouse, KB, monitor)

Remove the video card if there is on board chipset.

Let us know what the result is.
I have stripped the computer down from all but the essential components. I also tried the memory sticks alone and together in every port and it had no impact at all.

It gives the same error even if my SSD is unplugged so I believe it is a hardware problem as you stated. Unfortunately it's most likely that the motherboard is broken or the memory is not compatible with it, but if anyone has experienced the same problem, it would be helpful.
Any beep codes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2011   #7

Windows Ultimate x64
 
 

Alright I believe the problem has been solved and it was caused by the Windows installer. I had the Windows 7 x64 Professional Debugged version, downloaded directly from MSDNAA. I used an ISO from different source and it started perfectly.

So I believe the debugged version has some attitude problems with my system.

We'll see how this ends up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I hope for the best Soutaja and remember if you have any problems you know where to find us
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD (0x0000007E) at Windows installation, out of ideas.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD (0x0000007E) at Windows installation, out of ideas.
Thread Forum
Cannot install any driver or windows updates, getting BSOD 0x0000007E BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Immediately upon Windows Startup 0x0000007E BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD on Windows Startup, error 0x0000007E BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 64 bit BSOD recurring 0x0000007E BSOD Help and Support
Bsod Stop 0x0000007E windows 7 BSOD Help and Support
0x0000007e bsod windows 7 BSOD Help and Support
Solved Windows 7 BSOD STOP 0x0000007e BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33