Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD After closing lid on laptop...

07 Sep 2011   #1
rustyellis

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
BSOD After closing lid on laptop...

I get a BSOD intermittently when I close the lid of my laptop. I can't see any consistency in why sometimes it shows up and other times it just comes back to life just fine.

I am attaching the dump file.

BSOD: Driver irql not less or equal

Thanks.

Rusty


My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rustyellis View Post
I get a BSOD intermittently when I close the lid of my laptop. I can't see any consistency in why sometimes it shows up and other times it just comes back to life just fine.

I am attaching the dump file.

BSOD: Driver irql not less or equal

Thanks.

Rusty
Hi rusty

This one crash reports two problems. First Your 3 year old Symantec. Second the cnnctfy2.sys driver.

I would do the following.

Remove and replace Symantec with Microsoft Security essentials.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


I would remove connectify completely at least to test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2011   #3
rustyellis

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Thanks for your help. Now I recall that I had updated connectify not long ago and started getting these errors. Thanks!!!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rustyellis View Post
I get a BSOD intermittently when I close the lid of my laptop. I can't see any consistency in why sometimes it shows up and other times it just comes back to life just fine.

I am attaching the dump file.

BSOD: Driver irql not less or equal

Thanks.

Rusty
Hi rusty

This one crash reports two problems. First Your 3 year old Symantec. Second the cnnctfy2.sys driver.

I would do the following.

Remove and replace Symantec with Microsoft Security essentials.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


I would remove connectify completely at least to test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rustyellis View Post
Thanks for your help. Now I recall that I had updated connectify not long ago and started getting these errors. Thanks!!!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rustyellis View Post
I get a BSOD intermittently when I close the lid of my laptop. I can't see any consistency in why sometimes it shows up and other times it just comes back to life just fine.

I am attaching the dump file.

BSOD: Driver irql not less or equal

Thanks.

Rusty
Hi rusty

This one crash reports two problems. First Your 3 year old Symantec. Second the cnnctfy2.sys driver.

I would do the following.

Remove and replace Symantec with Microsoft Security essentials.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


I would remove connectify completely at least to test.

You are welcome and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD After closing lid on laptop...




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD after closing and opening laptop screen. 0x0000000A
It started recently out of the blue (no pun intended). Whenever I open and wake my laptop up, I get a BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000A. I attached the file from the SF diagnostic tool. Thanks a million, in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at random, usually upon closing laptop
Although I've seen the dreaded blue screen a few times, this usually occurs after I close the lid to my laptop (the normal setting is to go into sleep mode at this point). In these cases, I open the computer up to a warning that my system was not shut down properly and get a system message telling...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after closing laptop
Thinking about buying this laptop so I got it for a testdrive. Yesterday I closed it for the night and BSOD appeared while trying to go off and it restarted itself. Same thing happened today. SF attached
BSOD Help and Support
Frequent BSOD when closing laptop and improperly powering down
I've had this problem for quite a while and my warranty expired 2 days ago. Basically, almost every time I close my laptop it doesn't power down properly and can still be heard running. One time, I opened it back up and noticed a Bluescreen. I tried calling HP but they were unwavering about the...
BSOD Help and Support
A BSOD after closing laptop screen
Hello, I Got my laptop 15 days ago , i like it very much , but i have a problem when i close its screen (i dont know how to say that) and re open it after a while , i find that windows restarted with a Bluescreen 0x000000c2 :shock:. i uploaded the necessary files .. please help me guys ,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSoD When Closing Laptop Screen
For whatever reason, I keep getting the BSoD if I put my laptop to sleep by closing the screen. Clicking the Sleep button on the menu works fine, but closing the screen messes everything up. I've had this happen multiple times now and I don't understand the problem. I'm not really knowledgeable...
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App