Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Playing Company of Heroes

07 Sep 2011   #1
Brandonn2010

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
BSOD Playing Company of Heroes

Strangest thing. I haven't had a BSOD in months since I updated my atapi.sys file, removed sptd.sys, and did a repair install. Today however I was playing Company of Heroes. A ways into it, the game froze completely and my speakers made an annoying noise it kept repeating. I thought the game had just crashed, but my screen went black and Windows rebooted, saying it had recovered from a BSOD.

Not sure what caused it and I have no mini-dump file because I used CCleaner because my Internet wasn't working because of caching problems.

Latest AMD drivers, Windowx 7 Pro x64, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 750W Corsair PSU, AMD Phenom II X4 925 stock speeds, 2x Sapphire HD 6950s in Crossfire.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Sep 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brandonn2010 View Post
Strangest thing. I haven't had a BSOD in months since I updated my atapi.sys file, removed sptd.sys, and did a repair install. Today however I was playing Company of Heroes. A ways into it, the game froze completely and my speakers made an annoying noise it kept repeating. I thought the game had just crashed, but my screen went black and Windows rebooted, saying it had recovered from a BSOD.

Not sure what caused it and I have no mini-dump file because I used CCleaner because my Internet wasn't working because of caching problems.

Latest AMD drivers, Windowx 7 Pro x64, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 750W Corsair PSU, AMD Phenom II X4 925 stock speeds, 2x Sapphire HD 6950s in Crossfire.
You will have to wait till the next crash then
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2011   #3
Brandonn2010

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

It happened again. I was playing Company of Heroes again and it happened, but this time it was a different map, and my computer didn't reboot automatically, so I had to reset it. Also note ctrl+alt+del didn't work. It was completely frozen. Unfortunately since I had to reset it, it didn't create a dump file.

However, I started the same map again, with the same settings and players, and it happened again, this time my PC did auto-reboot.

Here is the dump file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Sep 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brandonn2010 View Post
It happened again. I was playing Company of Heroes again and it happened, but this time it was a different map, and my computer didn't reboot automatically, so I had to reset it. Also note ctrl+alt+del didn't work. It was completely frozen. Unfortunately since I had to reset it, it didn't create a dump file.

However, I started the same map again, with the same settings and players, and it happened again, this time my PC did auto-reboot.

Here is the dump file.


Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2011   #5
Brandonn2010

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Just got this one today, same game, different map. Maybe it can tell you more about the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brandonn2010 View Post
Just got this one today, same game, different map. Maybe it can tell you more about the problem.

Unfortunately no

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred
. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8007c5c8f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Have you cecked the link for possible fixes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2011   #7
Brandonn2010

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I ran a Furmark stress test on my video cards since they're my newest parts, and it completed without overheating or crashing. Today I tested each stick of RAM since I've had some go bad before. All got no errors, but my 4th DIMM slot is only running at 200MHz instead of 666MHz. I'm getting help with that on another forum that I go to for hardware problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Playing Company of Heroes




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD starting Company of Heroes 2, error 0x00000101
Hello, i just updated COH2 to the newest version 2 days ago and since that update i cannot play it anymore. Every time i start the game a BSOD appears. I already downloaded the game a 2nd time from steam since i thought its linked to a wrong download. but this didn't help. Now i reinstalled...
BSOD Help and Support
Company of heroes
Hey, Since I have my new computer, I have trouble playing CoH. The game installation went good, but when I play skirmish for ten minutes or so, the screen goes black and the game goes back to my homescreen, Can somebody help me?
Gaming
Company of Heroes only 6 FPS
Company of Heroes will not go over 6 FPS. If I turn all of the options on I get 6 FPS if I turn off all of the options I get 6 FPS. Smaller resolution I get 6 FPS and on a bigger resolution I get 6 FPS. Standard clock speeds on GPU I get 6 FPS. See a theam going on? Any Ideals? ATI 9550...
Gaming
Company of Heroes
I have an odd situation with COH running in Windows 7 (RC). Skirmishes run flawlessly and very smooth at high settings, except when scrolling fast around the map there is often a pause of a small, but still significant amount. It makes me think something is struggling for RAM, but the system...
Gaming
GTX 260 - Windowed Mod COMPANY OF HEROES - THQ
When i play at company of heroes, in game after 20 30 minute ( Intermittent ) can be just before end ... The game back to windows and if i set to full screen the processus crash. Normally i dont have solution to end my round, and get a luxurious loss at my stats But yesterday i have...
Graphic Cards
Company of Heroes
To anyone who has Company of Heroes here is a great mod for it. Its called Eastern Front and its taken them nearly 3 years to release it. Heres a quote from the site "The Eastern Front is going to achieve what so many RTS players have been yearning for so many years: The integration of the...
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App