Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 BSOD's

23 Sep 2011   #11
Homeuser66

Windows 10 Anniversary, Linux & still Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Has anyone found a fix for this? I still don't know what is causing it. I ran "Who Crashed" after I got a BSOS and this was my result:

On Fri 9/23/2011 5:01:53 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092311-18938-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800B4D9028, 0xFE000000, 0x40014A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Running Blue Screen Viewer I get:

==================================================
Dump File : 092311-18938-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/23/2011 1:04:17 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`0b4d9028
Parameter 3 : 00000000`fe000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`0040014a
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+12a3b
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\092311-18938-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 297,176




All my Temp's seemed to be in range during the crash. But you never know...any ideas here?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Sep 2011   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Homeuser66 View Post
Has anyone found a fix for this? I still don't know what is causing it. I ran "Who Crashed" after I got a BSOS and this was my result:

On Fri 9/23/2011 5:01:53 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092311-18938-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800B4D9028, 0xFE000000, 0x40014A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Running Blue Screen Viewer I get:

==================================================
Dump File : 092311-18938-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/23/2011 1:04:17 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`0b4d9028
Parameter 3 : 00000000`fe000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`0040014a
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+12a3b
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\092311-18938-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 297,176




All my Temp's seemed to be in range during the crash. But you never know...any ideas here?
As previously indicated we need the actual dmp file to examine.


Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try



My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2011   #13
Homeuser66

Windows 10 Anniversary, Linux & still Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote:
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
I looked into this and I have already done all these steps. Except for updating my BIOS. I will try that next, but they suggest (ASUS) if the update description doesn't fit my issue, not to update. But I can always revert back.

Quote:
As previously indicated we need the actual dmp file to examine.
I am attaching my .dmp file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Sep 2011   #14
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Homeuser66 View Post
Quote:
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
I looked into this and I have already done all these steps. Except for updating my BIOS. I will try that next, but they suggest (ASUS) if the update description doesn't fit my issue, not to update. But I can always revert back.

Quote:
As previously indicated we need the actual dmp file to examine.
I am attaching my .dmp file.

Still pointing to hardware. I would remove anything you can (ie external hd, etc) leaving only mouse, keyboard, monitor, and mobo.

If it is a desktop I would also remove all but one stick of ram.

See if it crashes then and add back the hardware you removed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2011   #15
Homeuser66

Windows 10 Anniversary, Linux & still Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote:
Still pointing to hardware. I would remove anything you can (ie external hd, etc) leaving only mouse, keyboard, monitor, and mobo
Thanks Zigzag....I will do this....however, I can't duplicate my problem.. I only happened a few days ago, then before that, it was months ago....so I would be removing items that I use on a day-to-day basis..So far, i have updated all my device drivers using Driver Genius Pro.. BIOS is my next step. I have ran Mem-test and all has passed. I even replaced a HDD and it still does it, but again, randomly.. I will keep a close eye on it and when I can, remove and use the comp parts sparingly....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #16
djceejay

Windows Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 
I think I got it!

Hi!

Same issue here, same driver and same Problem

Before 2 min. I was like , then I was like and now I´m like

I have 2 Harddrives, both with a primary Partition (160 GB is the active HDD). Earlier I installed Windows on my 1 TB HDD, which is now not actual anymore.

If you have 2 primary partitions on your system, change the letter of the inactive one from D to anything else (I used J) - maybe that´s the solving action. I did it and I didn´t have any BSOD´s with that dll anymore.

Peaces
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #17
djceejay

Windows Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Ok forgot what I typed... it was a bad driver -.-

To localize the Bad driver, just open the device manager and let you show ALL Drivers (View -> Show all Drivers), if you now have a bad driver, you can see it ( I had a bad driver for my Mouse and my Keyboard)

Hope it helps you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #18
Homeuser66

Windows 10 Anniversary, Linux & still Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I actually haven't had this BSOD in months..I don't know what I did to fix it, but I just reformatted back Dec, 2011...When I have time, I will look into this a little more and try to remember what the issue was.

I do recall, there is/was another post about this similar issue. Found (on SevenFourms) Here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1682058

Since I have followed these steps, I have never had a BSOD again...could be coincidence, or it could be the fix....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2012   #19
djceejay

Windows Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 
Thanks, I will try

Thank you for your respond and the tip with link

I will try it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2012   #20
Homeuser66

Windows 10 Anniversary, Linux & still Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Any time....Let me know if it works for you as well......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 BSOD's




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe 7cc40
Im getting massive BSOD's every day. I can't even use this computer most hours and it'll probably BSOD in a few minuetes. Could someone look at the txt file I included and point me in the right direction? Or if I need more info please tell me!!! Because Im going crazy with this BSOD.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Have received this BSOD several times while the machine has been in Sleep Mode. Normal operation is to turn the monitor off and put the computer into that mode during the night. The BSOD is the normal DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40. Desktop...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe (nt+7cc40) Please Help
Hello, I am getting BSOD every couple of days with no apparent reason sometime with doing virus scans, running windows movie maker and sometime while idle. Not sure what's going on please help - I have attached .dmp for assessment. ...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Hi all, I have been getting BSODs since January 2012 while playing games or simply surfing the internet using Firefox or IE9. My PC build is as follows: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Biostar A880G+ motherboard Kingston DDR3 PC1333 x 2 (4GB total) Palit GTX460 768MB PCI-E Western Digital HDD...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a (all reports in .rar file) Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have...
BSOD Help and Support
Intermittent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe (nt+7cc40)
The BSODs appear random - eg once during surfing with IE9, another time while using Photoshop. BSODs not regular or often - maybe once a fortnight - but seemingly completely unpredictable. MemTest run (just for an hour) didn't show up any problems. I'd be grateful for a steer on what can...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App