Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lots of BSOD, processor related?


21 Sep 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Lots of BSOD, processor related?

Hi, guys, for a while now i've been having trouble with blue screens, they come and go, sometimes it's every 5 mins, other times i can go for an hour or so without it happening. I've tried changing my RAM, doesn't seem to make a difference, so i'm guessing it's processor related? Hope you can help, thanks a lot for your time. I have attached three different dump files, all different codes I believe.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Sep 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Also the computer first came with 32-bit vista, it's about 5 years old. Recently, upgraded to Windows7-64bit ultimate. And i would have uploaded a system health report but I keep getting an error message when I use it.. Possibly related to the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Hi stonerose92 welcome to SF

Please update these old drivers,

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Network Connectivity — Intel® Ethernet historical driver and software version numbers

Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
Conexant: Support

Update
your windows using windows update.

Download and install http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard
Take a snip\screenshot from the summary and upload it here.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish
with the above steps and post back with any results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Sep 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Actually, kept running it, and it eventually worked, here it is, also I'm running 4GB RAM, but windows only picks up 3.25GB, and there's nothing in my BIOS to change it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Hi stonerose92 welcome to SF

Please update these old drivers,

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Network Connectivity — Intel® Ethernet historical driver and software version numbers

Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
Conexant: Support

Update
your windows using windows update.

Download and install Speccy - Standard
Take a snip\screenshot the summary and upload it here.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish
with the above steps and post back with any results.
Thanks a lot man! Really nice of you, I'll post back with my results
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stonerose92 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Hi stonerose92 welcome to SF

Please update these old drivers,

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Network Connectivity — Intel® Ethernet historical driver and software version numbers

Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
Conexant: Support

Update
your windows using windows update.

Download and install Speccy - Standard
Take a snip\screenshot the summary and upload it here.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish
with the above steps and post back with any results.
Thanks a lot man! Really nice of you, I'll post back with my results
For this "" I'm running 4GB RAM, but windows only picks up 3.25GB, and there's nothing in my BIOS to change it""

Please run msconfig. Click start and in the search copy paste msconfig,click the msconfig,select boot,advanced options,take a snip and upload it here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Did everything you suggested, didn't find any problems with the sfc scan, and windows tells me that those drivers are up to date, anyway, here's my speccy info:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium D 820
SmithField 90nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation D945GCL (LGA 775)
Graphics
Dell E193FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce 9500 GT (XFX Pine Group) 57 °C
Hard Drives
244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500JS-22NCB1 (RAID) 35 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LP20 ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stonerose92 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Hi stonerose92 welcome to SF

Please update these old drivers,

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Network Connectivity — Intel® Ethernet historical driver and software version numbers

Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
Conexant: Support

Update
your windows using windows update.

Download and install Speccy - Standard
Take a snip\screenshot the summary and upload it here.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish
with the above steps and post back with any results.
Thanks a lot man! Really nice of you, I'll post back with my results
For this "" I'm running 4GB RAM, but windows only picks up 3.25GB, and there's nothing in my BIOS to change it""

Please run msconfig. Click start and in the search copy paste msconfig,click the msconfig,select boot,advanced options,take a snip and upload it here.
My msconfig looks exactly the same as what you displayed in the picture.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

The windows update is to update your windows.

Dont try to update the above old drivers from windows update.

Update the specific old drivers from the links i posted in my first reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
The windows update is to update your windows.

Dont try to update the above old drivers from windows update.

Update the specific old drivers from the links i posted in my first reply.
Yeah that's what I did mate.. Were those drivers the ones that were highlighted in the Dump file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Lots of BSOD, processor related?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Lots of BSOD, processor related?
Thread Forum
BSOD browser related/vssc.exe related BSOD Help and Support
lots of BSOD - Format, Clean windows install - Still same BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Mouse lag and fps problems related to processor affinity Hardware & Devices
BSOD Apparent related to IPOD Touch and/or related services BSOD Help and Support
Lots of BSOD & Hungup - Lots of Event17 WHEA-Logger BSOD Help and Support
Lots of BSOD's BSOD Help and Support
Please Help...Lots of BSOD BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33