Quote: Originally Posted by miaop
Hello I am having problems with my y570p with
i7 2630QM 2.00GHZ
nvidia gt 555m
regarding a BSOD error. The code is:
Stop : 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800F7E4987, 0xFFFFF88003576B48, 0xFFFFF880035763AO)
I know its a problem with the GPU because several times it auto-rebooted when the screen happened the system would not register the nvidia 555m gpu using Riva tuner and would recognize again after I did another reboot.
I've tried to install new BIOs but recieved the "the version of rom file isnt newer than that of bios" message. I've installed new powermanagement drivers
This laptop is relatively new... I've only had it for around 3 weeks.
So far the only time the BSOD dumps occur is when I'm NOT in a game but rather when I'm surfing the web (using Opera).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.