|24 Sep 2011||#1|
| || |
Windows 7 Login: username or password is incorrect
I have seen similar threads in some places, but none of them seemed to have exactly the same problem I have been having. Anyway, I have an Alienware M17x with Windows 7 installed. Yesterday, Windows stopped accepting my login credentials and kept giving the error "the username or password is incorrect". I never did change my password, and no one else has access to my laptop. My password was about to expire, but it never prompted me to enter a new password ever. I have tried pretty much everything that I could find/think of.
1) There are no other accounts on the system other than the one that is locked out.
2) I tried rebooting in safe mode, but it ultimately takes me back to the login screen with a different screen resolution.
3) I have tried repairing using the Windows 7 disk. That didn't work either.
4) I tried going to the command prompt and displaying user accounts that are present on the system( using "net user"). It shows me an Administrator account and Guest account. So I took a chance and changed the administrator password, but it didn't accept it on the login screen.
5) I have tried System restore to the previous day.
6) I have tried setting the BIOS date back one day. It's set back to the original date now.
I don't really want to buy a password breaker software yet, because I have a feeling it is not about the password, just some software glitch.
Any help is highly appreciated
|My System Specs|
|24 Sep 2011||#5|
| || |
Yeah, the password seems to be a bad idea now, but it has kind of been a habit for a bit, so it doesn't bother me as much. And the time expired password thing is built into Windows 7, but I believe there are ways to remove it. I just never really bothered getting down to it.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 Login: username or password is incorrect|
|Remote desktop keeps displaying the password or username is incorrect.||Network & Sharing|
|Username/Password incorrect for network access to new desktop||Network & Sharing|
|Outlook errors, 'server rejected login', username or password wrong||Microsoft Office|
|Login "Incorrect Password"||General Discussion|
|Username/password incorrect||General Discussion|
|Allow Username and Password to Login to Windows7||System Security|
|windows 7 login password incorrect||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.