Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD code 7A

27 Sep 2011   #1

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 
BSOD code 7A

so this is a new error code i have been getting periodically but i have not changed any hardware

prev to this i was getting a screen freeze during games that would EVENTUALLY go away and put me back into the game but upon reformatting i have yet to have this problem

im at a loss for what to do and im reading it can be MANY things including memory hard drive and so forth

its odd because i passed a 12 hour prime test on multiple dif overclocks without this error and then randomly it happens


my specs are....

corsair force 3 120g ssd
i5 2500k
p67 sabertooth
corsair dominator 1.65v ram (at 1.15 vccio)
asus 560 ti

if i miss anything ask im kinda flustered atm

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Sep 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
so this is a new error code i have been getting periodically but i have not changed any hardware

prev to this i was getting a screen freeze during games that would EVENTUALLY go away and put me back into the game but upon reformatting i have yet to have this problem

im at a loss for what to do and im reading it can be MANY things including memory hard drive and so forth

its odd because i passed a 12 hour prime test on multiple dif overclocks without this error and then randomly it happens


my specs are....

corsair force 3 120g ssd
i5 2500k
p67 sabertooth
corsair dominator 1.65v ram (at 1.15 vccio)
asus 560 ti

if i miss anything ask im kinda flustered atm

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and which one was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2011   #3

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

i dont really understand what you wrote

how do i get minidump files?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Sep 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
i dont really understand what you wrote

how do i get minidump files?
Minidumps should be generated when your computer crashes. Navigate to C:\windows\minidump and copy the contents to your desktop as described in the instructions in my last post.


Compress them, then upload. See instructions for more details.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2011   #5

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
i dont really understand what you wrote

how do i get minidump files?
Minidumps should be generated when your computer crashes. Navigate to C:\windows\minidump and copy the contents to your desktop as described in the instructions in my last post.


Compress them, then upload. See instructions for more details.
i dont see anything with minidump in that folder and i did the instructions to enable mindump

i have no BSOD'd since enabling the minidump stuff so is that why i dont see this file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
i dont really understand what you wrote

how do i get minidump files?
Minidumps should be generated when your computer crashes. Navigate to C:\windows\minidump and copy the contents to your desktop as described in the instructions in my last post.


Compress them, then upload. See instructions for more details.
i dont see anything with minidump in that folder and i did the instructions to enable mindump

i have no BSOD'd since enabling the minidump stuff so is that why i dont see this file?

You have a pagefile on the same HD as the OS?

Your crashes may be happening in RAM so they cannot be saved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD code 7A




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD code 7A
Thread Forum
BSOD PLaying League of Legends error code 0x0000001e a common code BSOD Help and Support
Window's updates errors, code 80073712 and code 9c47 Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update errors Code 800B0100 and Code 8007065E, tried everythin Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD Code:101 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD BC Code 50 BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD code help BSOD Help and Support
BC Code 1a,50 BSOD BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33