Quote: Originally Posted by skimom03
HP Pavillion dv7
AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82 2.20 GHz
Purchased in 2009 with Windows Vista then (painfully) updated to:
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.
Zip files attached.
Thanks in advance for helping me with this. I'll be back tonight to check for replies.
The data collection app was uploaded instead of the DMP's please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers
were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.