Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New computer, Bsod: stop: 0x0124 need help!

30 Sep 2011   #1
johnhiih

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 
New computer, Bsod: stop: 0x0124 need help!

So.. I was just getting on msn and then bang, it hit me, I got the bsod and started freaking out. This is a brand new laptop:
Acer aspire,
amd dual processor C-50,
3 gb ram,
and amd radeon hd 6250

I reset to factory settings and I still get it,

The computer is originally windows 7 home premium 32bit
The computer is 2 months old
I have never re-installed the OS system


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Sep 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhiih View Post
So.. I was just getting on msn and then bang, it hit me, I got the bsod and started freaking out. This is a brand new laptop:
Acer aspire,
amd dual processor C-50,
3 gb ram,
and amd radeon hd 6250

I reset to factory settings and I still get it,

The computer is originally windows 7 home premium 32bit
The computer is 2 months old
I have never re-installed the OS system

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.



Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try



My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2011   #3
johnhiih

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhiih View Post
So.. I was just getting on msn and then bang, it hit me, I got the bsod and started freaking out. This is a brand new laptop:
Acer aspire,
amd dual processor C-50,
3 gb ram,
and amd radeon hd 6250

I reset to factory settings and I still get it,

The computer is originally windows 7 home premium 32bit
The computer is 2 months old
I have never re-installed the OS system

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.


To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.



Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try



I added everything I didn't add that are said to do in this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

So the dmp file is in the attachments file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Sep 2011   #4
johnhiih

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

it just happened again on my laptop.. please help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2011   #5
johnhiih

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

Can someone help me tonight? i just added the dmp file in the attachments. pleasee i need this done, i need to do something for work and i cannot keep getting blue screened.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2011   #6
johnhiih

windows 7 home premium 32bit
 
 

can someone please analyse my dmp files please.. i need a solution soon..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2011   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnhiih View Post
can someone please analyse my dmp files please.. i need a solution soon..


Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New computer, Bsod: stop: 0x0124 need help!




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Stop Code 0x0124 - But Stress Test Passed?
I've been getting a BSOD on this machine pretty sporadically for about two years and trying to get to the bottom of it. It always seemed to be when I was working on Photoshop or some other resource intensive application, and fairly rarely. But today I got the BSOD three times. I'm thinking it...
BSOD Help and Support
STOP 0x0124.
Hi, I just had a STOP 0x00000124 error. It didn't name any drivers, however. I was in the middle of playing GRiD 2 on my Crossfire setup. through Steam. Chrome was running in the background with reddit and Youtube up. I'm running the latest AMD Catalyst drivers, 14.1 Beta 1.6 (installed...
BSOD Help and Support
0x0124 BSOD
I got a random bsod last month and today. I used a bsod tool to check .dmp and it seems like both of them were caused by the same thing. The first bsod was the one last month. It occured a little time after I installed an SSD and put two identical seagate 2tb harddrives into raid 1. One of the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD STOP 0x0124 ntoskrnl.exe+4b09cc
In the middle of the night my computer rebooted itself, and now my wireless card is not being detected by Windows (Device Manager, or adapter settings). The strange thing is, SIW detects the card. I tried to re-install the driver from the mobo CD, but no dice My hard mobo is a Zotac...
BSOD Help and Support
randomly occuring BSOD stop 0x0124
totally random bsod errors, sometimes i get this error 5 times a day, sometimes, not for weeks win7 pro 64 retail, clean install, current drivers, hardware new about a year ago i7-860 cpu, gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4p MB, corsair 8 mb (4x2) ddr3 1600, evga geforce 9800gt 1gb, silverstone element...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x0124
Hi. Lately I have been trying to solve this BSOD problem, but after some research on google, I saw that it could be many things. Changed my power supply, changed the sockets my memory sticks were and cleaned the PC but the problem still persisted. The BSOD 0x0124 ALWAYS happens while I'm playing...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App