Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSODs that are baffling - Occur at any time


30 Sep 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Random BSODs that are baffling - Occur at any time - STILL HAPPENING

Hi all,

I have completely random BSODs, they occur at any time, idle or doing something. It can run for 11 hours, randomley crash then crash 5 times in a row.

I have tried many fixes, those that I can remember I will post:

At first about 7 months ago I built this pc, everything worked fine for a month or two, then bsods, i figured out it was my ram - I had 8GB and it wouldn't POST, having 4GB in however it booted (tried with both of the sticks, 2x2gb) so I left it at that and returned the other ram. Skip forward to a few weeks or so ago I begin to have BSODs again, I decide to replace the motherboard with the Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (My OLD motherboard was MSI 870A-G54), buy another 4GB ram and re-install the OS. I do that, it works fine first time (even my old motherboard didn't do that) for hours and hours... and within a day bsods again.

I ran memtest86 on all 8gb modules for 13hours (7 passes) and no red at all. I have re-installed the OS, ran the SFC /SCANNOW. Ran startup repair, windows memory diagnostic, all fine. I have ran driversweeper to remove old drivers etc. I have also messed with the timings (9-9-9-24) and voltages (1.65 but according to my bios that is BAD and is RED so I put it lower), putting it to manufacturer spec the best I knew how (I'm new to timings/voltages, can't seem to find the same things others are saying in my bios). I am really at my wits end with it.

Specs:

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - FULL RETAIL
Fresh new install, custom built by myself so bought the CD and installed on my 120GB SSD
Motherboard: Gigabyte SKT-AM3 GA-890GPA-UD3H
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
Ram: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5850
GX 750W
Age: around 7 months, perhaps less.
OS Age: Very new, less than a week old.

Another thing is I accidentally bought slightly different ram when I bought the extra 4GB, i did have 'Corsair XMS3 1333 4GB DDR3' with 2x2gb sticks. Then I've recently bought another exact pair (or so i thought) that say 'Corsair XMS3 1600 4GB DDR3 with 2x2gb sticks, this won't matter will it? since in my bios I have them all running at 1333 anyway. I thought I would bring this up as they looked exactly the same but I didn't see the 1600 until they arrived. Does this matter? it all works fine apart from when it does BSOD.

Specs on them both from manufacturer are:


Original 4GB:

Density:4GB (2x2GB Module)
Speed:1333MHz
Timing:9-9-9-24
Type: DDR3
Format: DIMM
Pin Out:240 Pin
Voltage:1.5V


New extra 4GB sticks:

Density: 4GB (2x2GB Module)
Speed: 1600MHz
Timing: 9-9-9-24
Type: DDR3
Format: DIMM
Pin Out: 240 Pin
Voltage: 1.65V

Although once again 1.65 is RED for me in my bios. So I have it slightly lower, I believe over 1.5, although if needed i will find out definiate.

I am also quite new with drivers and actually finding out how to know which ones to update and how to update them, as when I search for a new version in device manager it says they're all up to date. Although as far as I can tell they are all up to date, my GFX Card drivers sure are (recently updated), as most things should be as it is a fresh windows install. Although when I ran driversweeper it removed my graphics drivers and made a few things have a caution sign in device manager (which you will no doubt see on the report). These are: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller, and NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller. I have no idea with drivers though.

RussUK-dumps-report (670.8 KB) is attached that contains my dumps and the report.

My BSODS seem mainly focused around SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, according to BlueSceenView. It is all centered around 'ntoskrnl.exe'. Google tells me others have had very similar problems to me, and that it is a RAM problem. But I really have no idea in BSODS and I have University now that I NEED my computer for and with it BSODing all the time completely randomely it is hard for me to do work without losing it .

I really hope somebody will help me with this. I have yet to run my last idea, which I will do when I wake up. I am going to reseat everything and then drop to 1 stick each and run memtest for 7 passes on each stick, to see if i can find the culprit that way, although I doubt it. I will post my results when I get them.

In the meantime can anyone please look at my problem? I would be forever greatful!

Thank you for reading,

Russ.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Sep 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Hi all,

I have completely random BSODs, they occur at any time, idle or doing something. It can run for 11 hours, randomley crash then crash 5 times in a row.

I have tried many fixes, those that I can remember I will post:

At first about 7 months ago I built this pc, everything worked fine for a month or two, then bsods, i figured out it was my ram - I had 8GB and it wouldn't POST, having 4GB in however it booted (tried with both of the sticks, 2x2gb) so I left it at that and returned the other ram. Skip forward to a few weeks or so ago I begin to have BSODs again, I decide to replace the motherboard with the Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (My OLD motherboard was MSI 870A-G54), buy another 4GB ram and re-install the OS. I do that, it works fine first time (even my old motherboard didn't do that) for hours and hours... and within a day bsods again.

I ran memtest86 on all 8gb modules for 13hours (7 passes) and no red at all. I have re-installed the OS, ran the SFC /SCANNOW. Ran startup repair, windows memory diagnostic, all fine. I have ran driversweeper to remove old drivers etc. I have also messed with the timings (9-9-9-24) and voltages (1.65 but according to my bios that is BAD and is RED so I put it lower), putting it to manufacturer spec the best I knew how (I'm new to timings/voltages, can't seem to find the same things others are saying in my bios). I am really at my wits end with it.

Specs:

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - FULL RETAIL
Fresh new install, custom built by myself so bought the CD and installed on my 120GB SSD
Motherboard: Gigabyte SKT-AM3 GA-890GPA-UD3H
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
Ram: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5850
GX 750W
Age: around 7 months, perhaps less.
OS Age: Very new, less than a week old.

Another thing is I accidentally bought slightly different ram when I bought the extra 4GB, i did have 'Corsair XMS3 1333 4GB DDR3' with 2x2gb sticks. Then I've recently bought another exact pair (or so i thought) that say 'Corsair XMS3 1600 4GB DDR3 with 2x2gb sticks, this won't matter will it? since in my bios I have them all running at 1333 anyway. I thought I would bring this up as they looked exactly the same but I didn't see the 1600 until they arrived. Does this matter? it all works fine apart from when it does BSOD.

Specs on them both from manufacturer are:


Original 4GB:

Density:4GB (2x2GB Module)
Speed:1333MHz
Timing:9-9-9-24
Type: DDR3
Format: DIMM
Pin Out:240 Pin
Voltage:1.5V


New extra 4GB sticks:

Density: 4GB (2x2GB Module)
Speed: 1600MHz
Timing: 9-9-9-24
Type: DDR3
Format: DIMM
Pin Out: 240 Pin
Voltage: 1.65V

Although once again 1.65 is RED for me in my bios. So I have it slightly lower, I believe over 1.5, although if needed i will find out definiate.

I am also quite new with drivers and actually finding out how to know which ones to update and how to update them, as when I search for a new version in device manager it says they're all up to date. Although as far as I can tell they are all up to date, my GFX Card drivers sure are (recently updated), as most things should be as it is a fresh windows install. Although when I ran driversweeper it removed my graphics drivers and made a few things have a caution sign in device manager (which you will no doubt see on the report). These are: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller, and NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller. I have no idea with drivers though.

RussUK-dumps-report (670.8 KB) is attached that contains my dumps and the report.

My BSODS seem mainly focused around SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, according to BlueSceenView. It is all centered around 'ntoskrnl.exe'. Google tells me others have had very similar problems to me, and that it is a RAM problem. But I really have no idea in BSODS and I have University now that I NEED my computer for and with it BSODing all the time completely randomely it is hard for me to do work without losing it .

I really hope somebody will help me with this. I have yet to run my last idea, which I will do when I wake up. I am going to reseat everything and then drop to 1 stick each and run memtest for 7 passes on each stick, to see if i can find the culprit that way, although I doubt it. I will post my results when I get them.

In the meantime can anyone please look at my problem? I would be forever greatful!

Thank you for reading,

Russ.
Hi Russ and welcome

The DMP's point to a memory exception. Usually a driver. Since you have run memtest I would run driver verifier.

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Hi Russ and welcome

The DMP's point to a memory exception. Usually a driver. Since you have run memtest I would run driver verifier.

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Hi there, thank you very much for looking into my problem.

I have ran 'Verifier.exe' and used the settings you provided, it has crashed repeatedly as soon as it restarted, and just kept doing so, not allowing me to do anything before it crashed. I have restored it to a few hours earlier and it seems to be stable again, thank god. I can get back into windows now anyway.

Im guessing you need the .dmp files again? if so they are attached. I have re-ran both the bsod collection application and a health report, Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 was generated in the same place as last time, so i imagine some bsods will overlap from the previous one I posted.

Some images of the BSODs I recieved after running 'verifier.exe' are also attached. Incase they help.

What else do I do?

I imagine it must be a driver error(s), although I'm not sure. I booted into safe mode to preform the restore, and ran it in safe mode for a number of hours before restoring and didn't recieve 1 BSOD. I hope running the restore doesn't mess with the dump files, as BlueScreenView doesn't even seem to show the last lot of BSODs I've had, which is strange. My last BSOD according to that was the 29th, yet I've had many, many more since then.

Once again thank you for helping, I am having nightmares with it. If you require any more information please let me know.

Russ.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Oct 2011   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Russ

You are correct. The most recent crash (that was created & uploaded) was dated the 29th, and non are driver verified.

I can point to these as possible issues.

Old drivers
Code:
GVTDrv64.sys    9/5/2006 3:10:02 AM        fffff880`09dd8000    fffff880`09de2000    0x0000a000    0x44fd22ca                        
LHidFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:36 PM        fffff880`0778d000    fffff880`0779f000    0x00012000    0x461d6f24                        
LMouFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:40 PM        fffff880`077ac000    fffff880`077bf000    0x00013000    0x461d6f28                        
gdrv.sys    3/12/2009 11:22:29 PM        fffff880`09cef000    fffff880`09cf8000    0x00009000    0x49b9d175                        
GEARAspiWDM.sys    5/18/2009 8:17:04 AM        fffff880`055d6000    fffff880`055e3000    0x0000d000    0x4a1151c0                        
PxHlpa64.sys    6/23/2009 7:16:35 PM        fffff880`011c4000    fffff880`011cfe00    0x0000be00    0x4a416253
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Then
AODDRIVER.SYS is the overclocking utility. Are you overclocking? If so stop.



MOST IMPORTANTLY.

I strongly suspect your Symantec is the issue and I would remove and replace it at least to test.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Russ

You are correct. The most recent crash (that was created & uploaded) was dated the 29th, and non are driver verified.

I can point to these as possible issues.

Old drivers
Code:
GVTDrv64.sys    9/5/2006 3:10:02 AM        fffff880`09dd8000    fffff880`09de2000    0x0000a000    0x44fd22ca                        
LHidFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:36 PM        fffff880`0778d000    fffff880`0779f000    0x00012000    0x461d6f24                        
LMouFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:40 PM        fffff880`077ac000    fffff880`077bf000    0x00013000    0x461d6f28                        
gdrv.sys    3/12/2009 11:22:29 PM        fffff880`09cef000    fffff880`09cf8000    0x00009000    0x49b9d175                        
GEARAspiWDM.sys    5/18/2009 8:17:04 AM        fffff880`055d6000    fffff880`055e3000    0x0000d000    0x4a1151c0                        
PxHlpa64.sys    6/23/2009 7:16:35 PM        fffff880`011c4000    fffff880`011cfe00    0x0000be00    0x4a416253
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Then
AODDRIVER.SYS is the overclocking utility. Are you overclocking? If so stop.



MOST IMPORTANTLY.

I strongly suspect your Symantec is the issue and I would remove and replace it at least to test.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


Thanks for the info, I've done research and fixed what I can.

GVTDrv64.sys and GEARAspiWDM.sys are apparently linked to EasyTune (which is why you probably thought I was overclocking? I had it installed and perhaps it was funking around with some settings), I have uninstalled EasyTune. I have not been overclocking, just got 'turbo boost' sort of thing going on in my bios, that gives it more mhz when it needs it. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (scrolling right down to the bottom, 64bit windows 7 removal).

LHidFilt.Sys and LMouFilt.Sys is my Logitech SetPoint program, it was severely outdated and has been updated to the latest one.

gdrv.sys is apparently a component of Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced, from GIGABYTE. I'm sure I didn't install this when I stupidely installed from the CD that came with my motherboard, and it doesn't show on add/remove programs. Everything apart from @BIOS (by GIGABYTE to update my bios) has been uninstalled that relate to GIGABYTE, so hopefully that has gone.

PxHlpa64.sys is apparently something to do with CD/DVD Writers - Which strangely enough is ANOTHER problem I'm having alltogether. My DVD drive has completely dissapeared, it doesn't show in device manager or my computer; yet it opens/closes. Perhaps this .sys file has something to do with it? I've tried deleting 'Upper' values in the registery (google also found other people with the exact same problem as mine - missing dvd drive, this fixed it for them but not for me) and other things but nothing will work. I also have found other people looking on google with this problem directly relating to iTunes deleting the drive, and GEARAspiWDM.sys being the main problem. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (the same as above, strangely enough.. unless I have confused my self a little, it has been a long day!) I did this, removing the registrys and i still have NO DVD DRIVE! Does anyone know why? or should I create a new post for this problem?

I really hope Norton Internet security is not the issue, as I rather like it. How would I know without uninstalling it?

I have also updated my Realtek audio drivers as on one of the BSOD pictures attached earlier you will see 'RTKVHD64.sys', which is realtek drivers.

Doing all of this I haven't had another BSOD yet (I tell a lie, i got MEMORY_MANAGEMENT after downloading the new SetPoint (this was the first thing I tried in my list), it had uninstalled the old one and told me to reboot and when it did, a BSOD, it re-booted and then SetPoint kicked in to install the newer version, other then that and after that not 1 BSOD... but that means nothing as it is totally random. I will let you know if I experience another.

Also, just looked at BlueScreenView and ALL of my dumps are now missing. Strange.

Is they anything else I can try in the meantime? Or should I wait until I get another BSOD?

Thanks again, I'll update you as soon as I get another BSOD.

Russ.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Russ

You are correct. The most recent crash (that was created & uploaded) was dated the 29th, and non are driver verified.

I can point to these as possible issues.

Old drivers
Code:
GVTDrv64.sys    9/5/2006 3:10:02 AM        fffff880`09dd8000    fffff880`09de2000    0x0000a000    0x44fd22ca                        
LHidFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:36 PM        fffff880`0778d000    fffff880`0779f000    0x00012000    0x461d6f24                        
LMouFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:40 PM        fffff880`077ac000    fffff880`077bf000    0x00013000    0x461d6f28                        
gdrv.sys    3/12/2009 11:22:29 PM        fffff880`09cef000    fffff880`09cf8000    0x00009000    0x49b9d175                        
GEARAspiWDM.sys    5/18/2009 8:17:04 AM        fffff880`055d6000    fffff880`055e3000    0x0000d000    0x4a1151c0                        
PxHlpa64.sys    6/23/2009 7:16:35 PM        fffff880`011c4000    fffff880`011cfe00    0x0000be00    0x4a416253
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Then
AODDRIVER.SYS is the overclocking utility. Are you overclocking? If so stop.



MOST IMPORTANTLY.

I strongly suspect your Symantec is the issue and I would remove and replace it at least to test.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


Thanks for the info, I've done research and fixed what I can.

GVTDrv64.sys and GEARAspiWDM.sys are apparently linked to EasyTune (which is why you probably thought I was overclocking? I had it installed and perhaps it was funking around with some settings), I have uninstalled EasyTune. I have not been overclocking, just got 'turbo boost' sort of thing going on in my bios, that gives it more mhz when it needs it. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (scrolling right down to the bottom, 64bit windows 7 removal).

LHidFilt.Sys and LMouFilt.Sys is my Logitech SetPoint program, it was severely outdated and has been updated to the latest one.

gdrv.sys is apparently a component of Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced, from GIGABYTE. I'm sure I didn't install this when I stupidely installed from the CD that came with my motherboard, and it doesn't show on add/remove programs. Everything apart from @BIOS (by GIGABYTE to update my bios) has been uninstalled that relate to GIGABYTE, so hopefully that has gone.

PxHlpa64.sys is apparently something to do with CD/DVD Writers - Which strangely enough is ANOTHER problem I'm having alltogether. My DVD drive has completely dissapeared, it doesn't show in device manager or my computer; yet it opens/closes. Perhaps this .sys file has something to do with it? I've tried deleting 'Upper' values in the registery (google also found other people with the exact same problem as mine - missing dvd drive, this fixed it for them but not for me) and other things but nothing will work. I also have found other people looking on google with this problem directly relating to iTunes deleting the drive, and GEARAspiWDM.sys being the main problem. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (the same as above, strangely enough.. unless I have confused my self a little, it has been a long day!) I did this, removing the registrys and i still have NO DVD DRIVE! Does anyone know why? or should I create a new post for this problem? New thread when done here

I really hope Norton Internet security is not the issue, as I rather like it. How would I know without uninstalling it? It is among the worst offenders. Your call

I have also updated my Realtek audio drivers as on one of the BSOD pictures attached earlier you will see 'RTKVHD64.sys', which is realtek drivers.

Doing all of this I haven't had another BSOD yet (I tell a lie, i got MEMORY_MANAGEMENT after downloading the new SetPoint (this was the first thing I tried in my list), it had uninstalled the old one and told me to reboot and when it did, a BSOD, it re-booted and then SetPoint kicked in to install the newer version, other then that and after that not 1 BSOD... but that means nothing as it is totally random. I will let you know if I experience another.

Also, just looked at BlueScreenView and ALL of my dumps are now missing. Strange.

Is they anything else I can try in the meantime? Or should I wait until I get another BSOD? Wait and keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks again, I'll update you as soon as I get another BSOD.

Russ.

Nice post Russ. See above
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2011   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Russ

You are correct. The most recent crash (that was created & uploaded) was dated the 29th, and non are driver verified.

I can point to these as possible issues.

Old drivers
Code:
GVTDrv64.sys    9/5/2006 3:10:02 AM        fffff880`09dd8000    fffff880`09de2000    0x0000a000    0x44fd22ca                        
LHidFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:36 PM        fffff880`0778d000    fffff880`0779f000    0x00012000    0x461d6f24                        
LMouFilt.Sys    4/11/2007 7:28:40 PM        fffff880`077ac000    fffff880`077bf000    0x00013000    0x461d6f28                        
gdrv.sys    3/12/2009 11:22:29 PM        fffff880`09cef000    fffff880`09cf8000    0x00009000    0x49b9d175                        
GEARAspiWDM.sys    5/18/2009 8:17:04 AM        fffff880`055d6000    fffff880`055e3000    0x0000d000    0x4a1151c0                        
PxHlpa64.sys    6/23/2009 7:16:35 PM        fffff880`011c4000    fffff880`011cfe00    0x0000be00    0x4a416253
How To Find Drivers:- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Then
AODDRIVER.SYS is the overclocking utility. Are you overclocking? If so stop.



MOST IMPORTANTLY.

I strongly suspect your Symantec is the issue and I would remove and replace it at least to test.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials


Thanks for the info, I've done research and fixed what I can.

GVTDrv64.sys and GEARAspiWDM.sys are apparently linked to EasyTune (which is why you probably thought I was overclocking? I had it installed and perhaps it was funking around with some settings), I have uninstalled EasyTune. I have not been overclocking, just got 'turbo boost' sort of thing going on in my bios, that gives it more mhz when it needs it. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (scrolling right down to the bottom, 64bit windows 7 removal).

LHidFilt.Sys and LMouFilt.Sys is my Logitech SetPoint program, it was severely outdated and has been updated to the latest one.

gdrv.sys is apparently a component of Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced, from GIGABYTE. I'm sure I didn't install this when I stupidely installed from the CD that came with my motherboard, and it doesn't show on add/remove programs. Everything apart from @BIOS (by GIGABYTE to update my bios) has been uninstalled that relate to GIGABYTE, so hopefully that has gone.

PxHlpa64.sys is apparently something to do with CD/DVD Writers - Which strangely enough is ANOTHER problem I'm having alltogether. My DVD drive has completely dissapeared, it doesn't show in device manager or my computer; yet it opens/closes. Perhaps this .sys file has something to do with it? I've tried deleting 'Upper' values in the registery (google also found other people with the exact same problem as mine - missing dvd drive, this fixed it for them but not for me) and other things but nothing will work. I also have found other people looking on google with this problem directly relating to iTunes deleting the drive, and GEARAspiWDM.sys being the main problem. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (the same as above, strangely enough.. unless I have confused my self a little, it has been a long day!) I did this, removing the registrys and i still have NO DVD DRIVE! Does anyone know why? or should I create a new post for this problem? New thread when done here

I really hope Norton Internet security is not the issue, as I rather like it. How would I know without uninstalling it? It is among the worst offenders. Your call

I have also updated my Realtek audio drivers as on one of the BSOD pictures attached earlier you will see 'RTKVHD64.sys', which is realtek drivers.

Doing all of this I haven't had another BSOD yet (I tell a lie, i got MEMORY_MANAGEMENT after downloading the new SetPoint (this was the first thing I tried in my list), it had uninstalled the old one and told me to reboot and when it did, a BSOD, it re-booted and then SetPoint kicked in to install the newer version, other then that and after that not 1 BSOD... but that means nothing as it is totally random. I will let you know if I experience another.

Also, just looked at BlueScreenView and ALL of my dumps are now missing. Strange.

Is they anything else I can try in the meantime? Or should I wait until I get another BSOD? Wait and keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks again, I'll update you as soon as I get another BSOD.

Russ.

Nice post Russ. See above
Noooo!!!! After all day (from 7AM to after 11PM I had not 1 BSOD, but just now I recieved my first after fixing above. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT was the title. Once again in BlueScreenView it doesn't show my BSOD dump files, so I imagine it doesn't exist. Is my windows suddenly not saving BSOD Dumps?

So, I guess the removal of Norton is next? I'm not bothered about removing it, as if it fixes this nightmare of a problem I'll gladly uninstall the program and vaporise the CD.

I'll wait for a reply as to what to do next, as now other than norton I don't know what it can be. Go do my first idea of running memtest on each stick one at a time as opposed to running it with all 8GB in like I did previously?

I really thought we was there :P but like i said, the crashes are totally random, in this instance I was playing Fifa 12 (works perfectly and never crashed) when it blue screened. It is hard to re-create the bsod due to this.

Thanks again, we're getting there

Russ.

Edit: 00:21AM (GMT) 03/10/2011

Right when I was generating the perfmon report it blue screened again not long at all after the first bsod. This time IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i believe. I have deleted my last blue screen dump collector and re-uploaded a new one with the new bsod, i pray they are both in there for you to see! perfmon report is also in there once again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2011   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RussUK View Post

Thanks for the info, I've done research and fixed what I can.

GVTDrv64.sys and GEARAspiWDM.sys are apparently linked to EasyTune (which is why you probably thought I was overclocking? I had it installed and perhaps it was funking around with some settings), I have uninstalled EasyTune. I have not been overclocking, just got 'turbo boost' sort of thing going on in my bios, that gives it more mhz when it needs it. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (scrolling right down to the bottom, 64bit windows 7 removal).

LHidFilt.Sys and LMouFilt.Sys is my Logitech SetPoint program, it was severely outdated and has been updated to the latest one.

gdrv.sys is apparently a component of Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced, from GIGABYTE. I'm sure I didn't install this when I stupidely installed from the CD that came with my motherboard, and it doesn't show on add/remove programs. Everything apart from @BIOS (by GIGABYTE to update my bios) has been uninstalled that relate to GIGABYTE, so hopefully that has gone.

PxHlpa64.sys is apparently something to do with CD/DVD Writers - Which strangely enough is ANOTHER problem I'm having alltogether. My DVD drive has completely dissapeared, it doesn't show in device manager or my computer; yet it opens/closes. Perhaps this .sys file has something to do with it? I've tried deleting 'Upper' values in the registery (google also found other people with the exact same problem as mine - missing dvd drive, this fixed it for them but not for me) and other things but nothing will work. I also have found other people looking on google with this problem directly relating to iTunes deleting the drive, and GEARAspiWDM.sys being the main problem. I tried fixing the GEARAspiWDM.sys on this website Here (the same as above, strangely enough.. unless I have confused my self a little, it has been a long day!) I did this, removing the registrys and i still have NO DVD DRIVE! Does anyone know why? or should I create a new post for this problem? New thread when done here

I really hope Norton Internet security is not the issue, as I rather like it. How would I know without uninstalling it? It is among the worst offenders. Your call

I have also updated my Realtek audio drivers as on one of the BSOD pictures attached earlier you will see 'RTKVHD64.sys', which is realtek drivers.

Doing all of this I haven't had another BSOD yet (I tell a lie, i got MEMORY_MANAGEMENT after downloading the new SetPoint (this was the first thing I tried in my list), it had uninstalled the old one and told me to reboot and when it did, a BSOD, it re-booted and then SetPoint kicked in to install the newer version, other then that and after that not 1 BSOD... but that means nothing as it is totally random. I will let you know if I experience another.

Also, just looked at BlueScreenView and ALL of my dumps are now missing. Strange.

Is they anything else I can try in the meantime? Or should I wait until I get another BSOD? Wait and keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks again, I'll update you as soon as I get another BSOD.

Russ.

Nice post Russ. See above
Noooo!!!! After all day (from 7AM to after 11PM I had not 1 BSOD, but just now I recieved my first after fixing above. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT was the title. Once again in BlueScreenView it doesn't show my BSOD dump files, so I imagine it doesn't exist. Is my windows suddenly not saving BSOD Dumps?

So, I guess the removal of Norton is next? I'm not bothered about removing it, as if it fixes this nightmare of a problem I'll gladly uninstall the program and vaporise the CD.

I'll wait for a reply as to what to do next, as now other than norton I don't know what it can be. Go do my first idea of running memtest on each stick one at a time as opposed to running it with all 8GB in like I did previously?

I really thought we was there :P but like i said, the crashes are totally random, in this instance I was playing Fifa 12 (works perfectly and never crashed) when it blue screened. It is hard to re-create the bsod due to this.

Thanks again, we're getting there

Russ.

Edit: 00:21AM (GMT) 03/10/2011

Right when I was generating the perfmon report it blue screened again not long at all after the first bsod. This time IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i believe. I have deleted my last blue screen dump collector and re-uploaded a new one with the new bsod, i pray they are both in there for you to see! perfmon report is also in there once again.
\
Norton first of course.

Does it BSOD in safe mode (F8)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2011   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post


Nice post Russ. See above
Noooo!!!! After all day (from 7AM to after 11PM I had not 1 BSOD, but just now I recieved my first after fixing above. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT was the title. Once again in BlueScreenView it doesn't show my BSOD dump files, so I imagine it doesn't exist. Is my windows suddenly not saving BSOD Dumps?

So, I guess the removal of Norton is next? I'm not bothered about removing it, as if it fixes this nightmare of a problem I'll gladly uninstall the program and vaporise the CD.

I'll wait for a reply as to what to do next, as now other than norton I don't know what it can be. Go do my first idea of running memtest on each stick one at a time as opposed to running it with all 8GB in like I did previously?

I really thought we was there :P but like i said, the crashes are totally random, in this instance I was playing Fifa 12 (works perfectly and never crashed) when it blue screened. It is hard to re-create the bsod due to this.

Thanks again, we're getting there

Russ.

Edit: 00:21AM (GMT) 03/10/2011

Right when I was generating the perfmon report it blue screened again not long at all after the first bsod. This time IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i believe. I have deleted my last blue screen dump collector and re-uploaded a new one with the new bsod, i pray they are both in there for you to see! perfmon report is also in there once again.
\
Norton first of course.

Does it BSOD in safe mode (F8)?
Ok, norton uninstalled. I have installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Microsoft Security Essentials and Comodo Firewall. No BSOD yet but it has only been about an hour since uninstalling, and before uninstalling I got another 2 BSODs so hopefully Norton is the cause.

I don't believe so no, as I was in 'Safe mode with Networking' for about 6 hours while I was out a few days ago and when I returned I had no BSODs.

Thanks, I'll let you know what happens

Russ.

Edit: 08:43pm(GMT)

Oh great, right after I posted this and while MSE was updating its self I had another bluescreen! MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Bluescreenview once again does not show the dump. I'll still keep norton uninstalled regardless, as if you say norton is trouble i believe you.

Edit 2:

And another, no more than 10 minutes later, this time running a scan with MSE and Malwarebytes! MEMORY_MANAGEMENT once again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Oct 2011   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I'm getting more and more BSODs now, increasing in frequency. I don't even see a blue screen anymore, it just restarts (It'll be bluescreening though no doubt) but now doesn't show a blue screen, is they settings I can change to bring this back? I haven't touched a thing.

I also still aren't getting dumps for some reason, so I can't post them.

When I am off on friday I will memtest each stick individually to see if that is the problem after all, and also do a reseat while I'm at it. Other than that I'm completely out of options now.

Can you still help me?

Russ.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSODs that are baffling - Occur at any time




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Random BSODs that are baffling - Occur at any time
Thread Forum
Multiple random BSODs, different error each time BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODS - different files every time BSOD Help and Support
Several BSODs - 9f (seems to occur around standby mode), e6 BSOD Help and Support
Solved Random BSODs during different tasks each time BSOD Help and Support
Solved Recurring but different BSODs with different codes that occur randomly BSOD Help and Support
Hybrid sleep doesn't always occur after idle time setting Performance & Maintenance
Random BSODs (Thank you in advance for your time) BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33